2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
trythil
is
Org Profile

Re: 2009 AWA Editor's dinner

Post by trythil » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:34 pm

Guess I'm going; if there's space left, put me in.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:28 am

You people are crazy. Meeting on a Thursday... it'll be all I can do for us to get there in time for dinner on Friday!

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:27 am

Lostboy wrote:I sure wish i could make it, but as usual, I'll be arriving just a smidge too late in the evening to attend. My plane lands 9:30ish.
As you know we're usually there pretty late so at the very least stop and join the schmooze.

I talked to cheesecake and confirmed our nook. I told them 60 just to have a nice buffer, and they say as many as I can round up are welcome. It would be nice to get into the tipple digits so those of you passing by or through Chicago pack some ducttape and nylon rope.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:59 pm

Unfortunately, Toucan Son of Sam will not be joining us after all. He's been shang-haid by the Navy.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

arsienna
Org Profile

Post by arsienna » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing everybody their. I'm familiar with just about everyone's work and it will be nice to put a face and voice to all of it. By the way if anybody has trouble getting from the convention/hotel to the restaurant and back I have 2 open seats in my van and I don't mind playing the DD for the night as long as it's not too late. I have an 8:00 a.m. class the next morning.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:34 pm

arsienna wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing everybody their. I'm familiar with just about everyone's work and it will be nice to put a face and voice to all of it. By the way if anybody has trouble getting from the convention/hotel to the restaurant and back I have 2 open seats in my van and I don't mind playing the DD for the night as long as it's not too late. I have an 8:00 a.m. class the next morning.
Wait, what? We have to DRIVE to the restaurant?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Scintilla wrote:
arsienna wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing everybody their. I'm familiar with just about everyone's work and it will be nice to put a face and voice to all of it. By the way if anybody has trouble getting from the convention/hotel to the restaurant and back I have 2 open seats in my van and I don't mind playing the DD for the night as long as it's not too late. I have an 8:00 a.m. class the next morning.
Wait, what? We have to DRIVE to the restaurant?
We have always walked.. it's not really that far away that one must drive or anything

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:18 pm

I feel bad that Scintilla will never see the classic "bridge of death". :P
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Lord Rae
Org Profile

Post by Lord Rae » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Although it wasn't quite as death defying after they put up the safety railing. But for a few years... yeah I loved the bridge of death.

arsienna
Org Profile

Post by arsienna » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Sorry my mistake. I forgot about the cheesecake factory out there. I was thinking about another one. Forget about my previous offer.

Return to “Anime Conventions”