To Love-Ru

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Flame-X
Org Profile

Re: To Love-Ru

Post by Flame-X » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:48 am

Ya, I'm kinda disappointed with the sudden end of the manga but it was a fun read from start to finish. With that last chp, It pulls the Mx0 on us. This is one of those mangas where I don't mind the fillers and endless amount of fanservice. I'm more of a Yui fan, she's just so damn hot and a lot more interesting than Lala and Haruna combined at least in my opinion. Hope the author continues story with a sequel or some sort.

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:52 pm

who doesnt love yui...?
my fav by far, followed by run, then maybe risa

speaking of which I took the to love-ru portable games for a spin for both the DS and PSP
to say the least the PSP ver was much better quality, they are 2 different games with different stories
PSP had good backgrouds, chrecter design with animation and full voice over
DS ver had none of this, the chrecters looked like someone cut them out of paper taped them into the game, the edges around the characters were pretty evident of this

PSP was mainly text driven with multiple options along the way which would lead to fan server and a few mini games tacked on
DS ver was mini-game driven with little text, the whole game was mini-games for the most part and they wernt that good

the PSP ver rewards with various fanservice images (that I have uploaded, download here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ogxnd ), short voice segments from each character, cutscenes, and various other things (I still havnt found all the fanservice pics, I played the game 5 times already and go most of them but there are a bit still missing)
the DS rewards with 3D bottlecap figurines that you can look at and shake to make their boobs bounce, many different posses and you can substitute any character in that pose and put any costume on them (ex. put lala costume on yui, yami's on yui, etc...), you can also change the manu menu background with any character in any costume that will will move around and respond when you touch them)

I dont understand a lick of JP except for the various kanji symbols that represent each characters names but here are the jist story of the 2 games

PSP ver : To Love-Ru Trouble - Doki Doki Rinkai Gakkou Hen
the school goes on a resort trip, you spend 4 day there, and basically hang out with all the people and get treated to fan service along the way, the enemy is this girl with a robot
depending on your decisions through the game you will get different endings and have one main girl that was the focus of your trip (lala, haruna, yami, yui, run, or saki), one ending is where the girl kidnaps haruna and you have to save her, another is yami just beats the hell out of her
and thats about it

DS ver: ToLove-Ru Trouble - WakuWaku Rinkan Gakkou Hen
the school goes on a resort trip (like the psp ver but a bit different)
and you basically play chapters that have a mini game at the end of each one and continue onto the next until you are at the end and on the ride home lala creates a device that goes back in time to an alt time on that exact data and you play something different from someone elses perspective instead of just rito's (like haruna, lala, or yami, etc...) , rinse and repeat
games vary from a rhythm mini game, bowling, one where you have to squirt white cream onto strawberries (a bit of sexual innuendo there), a cave maze in 3d, a side scroller (this was actually pretty hard...), a touching game (more sexual innuendo)
and thats it

sorry if I went a bit off topic, still about to love-ru anyway :d

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:20 pm

I honestly expected an ending like this. It always happens... but I wish the mangaka would have broken from the norm. Well, it's over and he ends up staying harem forever... yay. This is impossible but I wish that he either ended up with Yami or Kotegawa.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Adult Eve ftw and Lala is kinda bleh* but I've seen far worse anime gals gunning for the hero...

the #1 man in the universe is an idiot...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:14 pm

eh? which chapter did eve go adult? must have missed that one, i remember her trying out "breast enhancement" at one point but don't remember actual adult form

Joe88
Org Profile

Post by Joe88 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:24 pm

I dont remember a adult eve in anything

anyway this is the full story apparently why is got canceled
- There is this person called Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website (a large Japanese online community somewhat like Youtube), who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school) and also insinuated that he has something going on with a Kashiwagi Shiho.

- Now this Shiho was the wife of Yabuki Kentaro, the artist of To-Love-Ru. She met Yabuki when he was looking for assistants, seduced him and ended up becoming his wife and gave birth to a daughter.

- But she hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.

- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.

- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.

- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.

- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.

- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.

- A comment of Yabuki's while this was all happening:
[While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]

The dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.

:|

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Really? Well... the only thing I can say is... what a piece of trash of a women. I can't stand people like that; nothing but dirt. Don't think about anybody but themselves, leaves the children for dead, a fucking gold digger who wants nothing but a big fat dick pounding her slutty cunt. This is the reason why I'm so apprehensive towards marriage and the such, I've hardly ever seen one work out well, especially in my family but nobody is as disgusting as her type.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:34 am

well i don't have quite that big of a negative outlook on life, what i do find is that is is much harder to find a good relationship once you become famous/rich as the probability of people wanting to get close to your for your money/influence rather than for who you are increases dramatically.

It really is a sad story, especially in how it ties in with the manga, gah, now i don't like haruna as much anymore, considering her RL alter ego. I really hope the author gets to live his life out seminormally with his daughter, and can start a new series that he'll be able to enjoy. I don't get why the wife should get any damn money at all, the sad thing is that when it comes to settling divorces/custody over children the woman usually has a big advantage reguardless of whether she's at fault or not.

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Hmm the guy clearly failed a key detail in anime.

Ok first off, you dress up your real woman to look like an anime girl so you can explore having fun with the anime girl in the real world.

You don't screw up a perfectly acceptable fantasy anime girl though, by making her based off of a real woman.

Real woman are ok being real woman, but leave anime girls in the fantasy realm separate from reality.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:32 pm

What a loss.

Adult Eve was in the OAV. Not that anyone is watching it I suppose... She's there just for a second to 'balance out' her larger bust...
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”