Video Game Project 5: Tracklist and AWA showing details!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Video Game Project 5: Tracklist and AWA showing details!

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 pm

Alright everyone, the (somewhat) final VG5 tracklist has been posted!
http://www.vg-projects.com/vg5/

VG5 will be showing during AWA on Friday, Sept 18 at 6-7pm in the VAT (Video Art Track), the big room on the far right of the Renaissance Waverly 2nd floor next to the artist alley.

However, because I was forced to cut down the project to one hour, the video game commercials (most are "surprise") and 3 tracks will not be showing at AWA. The final compilation in October and the DVD release in Dec will have the full (approximately) 1 hour and 10+ minute project along with an extra surprise. Everyone who was able to submit a video by August 31 will have something shown at AWA. The "in progress" tracks are editors who were unable to finish during August 31 and will have their videos for the final compilation. The reason why the tracklist is not numbered is just in case the "in progress" editors can't finish by the new deadline.

If you're attending AWA, the coordinators usually request everyone involved with the project to get up in the front of the VAT and introduce themselves. I will start off and will pass the microphone to everyone else. Just introduce your real name, nickname, and the tracks you did for the project. We will be following the 2nd Expo contest showing, so try to be there early.

I will also be making an important announcement before the project starts as well. Hope to see you all there! :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: Video Game Project 5: Tracklist and AWA showing details!

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:21 am

Oh dang, I'm up first, huh? So much pressure...

In other news, I am really excited to see this in action, but I'm especially excited for the Banjo Kazooie/Cat Soup video that you hadn't announced before. Was it only the commercials that got cut for AWA, or did you remove the shorts too?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:25 am

Kitsuner wrote:Oh dang, I'm up first, huh? So much pressure...

In other news, I am really excited to see this in action, but I'm especially excited for the Banjo Kazooie/Cat Soup video that you hadn't announced before. Was it only the commercials that got cut for AWA, or did you remove the shorts too?
Just the commercials and 3 videos (Gyruss and Super Dodgeball which aren't done, and Rock Band/SFIV - Great video, but I had to cut it to reach an hour).

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:39 am

I like that the intermission is at the beginning.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:27 am

I'm sorry I couldn't get anything done before the project deadline...I suck so hard. :cry:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:16 am

mexicanjunior wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't get anything done before the project deadline...I suck so hard. :cry:
You'll still get the dvd! :up:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:41 am

Just got back from AWA and the VG5 showing was AWESOME!

Did some small updates to the main page..

We ended up having a nearly packed room (maybe 85%) and the audience LOVED every video. I honestly can't say which video actually got the biggest reaction. Here's some major highlights I remember:

- The crowd going NUTS over the "Stage Selects", yelling out which "robot master" to choose.
- A mixed booing/cheering at the end of Bebop0083's Naruto video which was hilarious if you understand why :P
- Fallchild_42's "Solitaire" short, along with his and drewaconclusion's other shorts getting a big reaction.
- Tsunami Jones' Baseball Bat Serenade being in the project resulted it being played way too many times at AWA in general.
- Big reaction to Chaosproject's DOA video for obvious reasons.
- Massive laughter during Travis "shaking the remote" in Wired Knight's No More Heroes Track.

There were tons more, but I can't remember them all.

I'll be compiling the project for a late October release, so stay tuned and thanks to everyone who made the showing! :D :up:

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:00 pm

I'm really kicking myself for not having gone now.
ImageImage

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:56 pm

Ok everyone, I am compiling the final project and now here is the ABSOLUTE and FINAL tracklist!

The project will be released on Saturday, Oct 24 which is 2 weeks from now. When you upload your final videos, make sure you set the availability date to that time.

See you all on the 24th! :up:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”