Macross Frontier

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelchanx3
Org Profile

Re: Macross Frontier

Post by angelchanx3 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 am

Love it.
Sheryl is awesome but Ranka is just...ugh.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:40 am

Dropped.
After 9 episodes, I've seen enough.

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:25 am

Isn't there anyone out there with the creditless openings and endings of the series?
They're great amv footage.
THORA finished fansubbing it but didn't include the creditless OPs and EDs in the batch pack... :cry:

SakuraMeimi
Org Profile

Post by SakuraMeimi » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:20 am

Full Metal Sempai wrote:Isn't there anyone out there with the creditless openings and endings of the series?
THORA finished fansubbing it but didn't include the creditless OPs and EDs in the batch pack... :cry:
Well, I don't know where to find the ops RAW, but what appears in the ops, most of it also appears in the series;
So you can take those scenes from the episodes I guess.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:21 am

Full Metal Sempai wrote:Isn't there anyone out there with the creditless openings and endings of the series?
THORA's encode honestly left me sort of meh... it has been happening a lot lately, even with their encodes I once thought to be great. I'd really suggest you to get the original BRDs somehow, it'll be much better, and they'll likely have the creditless openings and endings.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:42 am

mirkosp wrote:
THORA's encode honestly left me sort of meh... it has been happening a lot lately, even with their encodes I once thought to be great. I'd really suggest you to get the original BRDs somehow, it'll be much better, and they'll likely have the creditless openings and endings.
i lol'd

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:30 pm

I love mecha and romance is one of my favorite genres. Why have I not watched this yet?! o_0

ghostsnake666
Org Profile

Post by ghostsnake666 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:35 pm

I havent read any of the other comments but i just wanna say... "I Hope The Movie is Good" ... BECAUSE... I watched Macross Frontier and Eureka Seven back to back last year... i waited forever for the Eureka Seven Movie and im still waiting for the Macross Frontier Movie (odviously), but i was seriously disapointed and confused by the Eureka Seven Movie.... I had been looking forward to them both equally all year so im really hoping the macross movie is good... Anybody in the same boat as me?

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:34 pm

I havent read any of the other comments but i just wanna say... "I Hope The Movie is Good" ... BECAUSE... I watched Macross Frontier and Eureka Seven back to back last year... i waited forever for the Eureka Seven Movie and im still waiting for the Macross Frontier Movie (odviously), but i was seriously disapointed and confused by the Eureka Seven Movie.... I had been looking forward to them both equally all year so im really hoping the macross movie is good... Anybody in the same boat as me?
I kept a lot of tabs on the movie. I think most people who didn't read much about the plot or anything BEFORE the movie came out probably might've enjoyed it less... I dunno about you, but I was very pleased with the movie ('took awhile for me to come up with a theory for the ending, though. I'll admit. xD) If the movie was a continuation, I would've been disappointed. If it was, they would have a VERY high chance of just ruining everything great the TV series upheld. After all, its been about 3 - 4 years since the series finished.
It also would've been frightening if it really was a sequel because Dai Sato was not involved in the slightest in the movie. 0_0;;
There's going to be a Macross movie? : DD I need to hurry up and finish watching this series, then. :3

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Second Macross movie was just released on DVD on the twentieth |:> I've already spoiled the whole thing for me, sadly, and I'm incredibly disappointed and happy at the same time.
Spoiler :
Don't read this if you don't want spoilers, I'm serious.
Spoiler :
Fuck You Alto, you son of a bitch. I'm glad you died or whatever the hell happened to you, because Sheryl is a mother fucking whore. Can't believe you chose her. Glad you're in a coma Sheryl, btw.

Despite all that, I'm a sucker for stories like this (unrequited love, some viewers not getting their perfect ending (see NANA, Honey and Clover, and Paradise Kiss.)) This therefore makes it one of the most frustratingly best endings ever.
Image Image

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”