AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OFFICIALLY OPEN)

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 am

deuceloosely wrote:
Gaelstrom wrote:Sent you a PM a few days ago, Deuce. Are those ideas all right? Most of them are readily available on TV movie channels and comedy central ^^ I think they'll do well, I hope you'll allow them.
The ideas sound good (those that I recognize), but see...you don't need to run every idea past me. Just make stuff and send it. I like to be surprised. ;)I'd rather download something I only have TV source and anime info for and be amazed than know ahead of time what you all are doing and have that impact taken away. Sheesh, CodeChrono promised an epic Hancock trailer which he never turned in and I was disappointed to not ever see it.

So go forth all and do your thing. I'll wait here and see what you all can create, then we'll figure out what works and what parts might need tweaking and so on.

Code:
I'm a little scared, but in a good way... :P
Sorry, I wanted to surprise you as well, but you seemed to be focusing on the theme thing a bit more than before, and I don't have time to waste if you're going to say no to them when I've spent time making them. So I can promise you that I will make them as amusing/funny as I can, but so far themes aren't really inspiring me. As long as you want funny above all else, I can provide. But there is plenty of time for me to stumble across some inspirational themes ^^ I will do my best.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:47 am

I jogged over to my Gmail to see if anything was happening. Facebook keeps sending me email notifications, of which I deleted no fewer than 100. :roll:

Anyway, krvabo sent his first submission for this year's project. It's pretty awesome; almost epic, really. Classic, to be sure.

Oh, and if you see :up: next to your name on the front page, it means I received and approved your clips. Let's get crackin'...less than eight months left! :P

Okay, I'll spare you the false urgency. :book:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

InspZenigata
Org Profile

Post by InspZenigata » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:55 pm

I've officially edited down my "to do" list from like 15 different clips, to about 6 that are gold (Well, I think they are).

Currently waiting for the arrival of my video editor (new computer's sorted, but needed to repurchase my cruddy editor) ...and depending on how things go over the next few months I may have all my submissions in BEFORE the deadline this time! :lol:
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:30 pm

I'll have my first scrubs clip sent in shortly. Just have a few finishing touches left. =D

South Park hasn't been started and Nanny/Golden Girls is still conceptual. I'm also thinking of doing some SNL skits. >.>

InspZenigata
Org Profile

Post by InspZenigata » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 pm

I have just 7 words for you:

"Here it is, your moment of zen"

:D
It will happen, and it will be awesome.
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 pm

Okay, I think I've brought this up twice, but I wanted to see if someone would actually respond this time.

I brought up the idea of using the girl from Full Moon wo Sagashite (I think it was) doing that dance loop used from the Family Guy Match.com one from AMVS3 to a parody of the "Where The Hell Is Matt? (2008)" video (search on utube to take a look). This would be happening during the credits, and possibly the credits would scroll across the top so the video could be seen more clearly to mix things up a bit. I figured this could be a collaborative effort, where everyone pitches in their ideas or desired footage and one of us assembles it. Right now I have a TON of responsibility at work, and will not be able to make anything until closer to Christmas with any conviction, but this would have to start with several months to spare so I could make mine as well as edit this if nobody else wants to do it.

If anyone has a kickass idea for the credits please mention it, and I hope you'll consider it, Deuce, or reveal your idea for this year. I'm convinced the credits have to be more like the "Song that gets on everybody's nerves" with either audience participation or continuing with some kind of inside joke that won't bore them. The credits are only too long because there's nothing new to look at.

Our logos could be simplified I believe and not necessarily be the focus of the credits again. Perhaps a still of our logo next to the clip as it scrolls by horizontally. I'd very much like to hear everyone's thoughts on this.
ImageImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:02 am

I'm totally up for this :up:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:10 pm

I'm not sure if I PMed or posted this before, but if you have an idea then just go for it. There's plenty of time to discuss what can be done if anything needs to be.

As far as the "Where is Matt?" idea, I'm not sure how it works within a TV-based theme. I've seen the original a few times on YT so I know what you're referring to. I'd like to keep this year's theme strictly within the boundaries of what's known to be / have been on TV. Maybe you could work the Travelocity gnome into it and make a commercial? Just a thought.

And off-topic for a moment...how many of you knew about ADV going under?
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:42 pm

deuceloosely wrote:And off-topic for a moment...how many of you knew about ADV going under?
*raises hand*
ImageImage
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Angelyco wrote:
deuceloosely wrote:And off-topic for a moment...how many of you knew about ADV going under?
*raises hand*
I mean they just updated the story today but I guess it's final. Sad. Even so, your user pic makes me smile stupidly. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”