To Love-Ru

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: To Love-Ru

Postby Joe88 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 pm

it is just me or does Ghi Bree (from ep.6) look alot like a Shinigami (just a random one) from death note
Joe88

Postby OmniStrata » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:54 am

It's not just you, but I'm pretty sure it's not a blatant copyright infringment...

Or is it?

OAV 2 was just as hilarious as 1, of course, those of you who dislike bouncing boobs should stay away but it is a sex comedy anime after all...

It'd be fun to see Eve [adult form] going around kicking the shit out of things.

The series ending was awesome, and now it devolves. I hope that the end of the oav will have that epic challenge from Mini-Vegeta, I mean... Lala's dad.

[I wonder who her mom is... 0_0]
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV
OmniStrata

Postby Joe88 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:16 pm

next OVA is supposed to be a resort trip or something
so expect alot of exposed breast & nudity, ova 2 didnt have near the amount of the first
Joe88

Postby Joe88 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:33 am

OVA 3 is out

to say the least
its fan service and nothing else
3 quarters of the episode is just watching the various girls group each other and provide fan service
the story (if you would call it that) is haruna won a resort trip and invited a bunch of girls, rito has his mind switched with haruna's dog (somewhat based off an ch. in the manga) from one of lala's inventions and thats about it, the rest is nothing but fan service... :amv:

anyway, 3 more OVA's are on the way...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -green-lit
Joe88

Postby Sukunai » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 am

Nah, fanservice is some pantie shots, maybe a brief bit of nudity in a pool.

OAV3 is hentai even if it's light weight hentai :)

Hey those girls were doing every but screwing :)

There wasn't much iunendo, most of it was outright blatant hehe.

Not that I minded. But call it what it is.
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.
Sukunai

Postby Joe88 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 pm

ya it makes the the first OVA look amazing compared to this (maybe that was their plan...)

Id give it a 3/10
also some of the characters wernt acting like them selves and some of them were drawn out of proportion to how the usually appear

oh well 3 more ova's to go

would really like to see one where lala's sisters come to earth
a yui ep would be appreciated also
Joe88

Postby guy07 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:44 pm

I watched the first two episodes. This might be the worst anime ever. :|
guy07

Postby OmniStrata » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:38 am

guy07 wrote:I watched the first two episodes. This might be the worst anime ever. :|

Watch Queen's blade? ^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
OmniStrata

Postby guy07 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:59 pm

OmniStrata wrote:
guy07 wrote:I watched the first two episodes. This might be the worst anime ever. :|

Watch Queen's blade? ^_^

....no .... :|
guy07

Postby Joe88 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:33 am

^consider yourself lucky then :wink:

anyway, the manga has just ended,
#162 is the last one

nothing really happened
rito just confessed that he liked lala but also liked someone else (lala know it was haruna already)
lala then suggest he marry both of them, rito denies the motion
lala then told rito to confess to haruna also

he tried to but accidentally confessed to all the ladies

and thats it, it just ends saying there will be more trouble for rito

from my understanding the manga was canceled

this link was at the end of the chapter, I think the translators just put it in
just a poll asking which one you would like more, rito and haruna, or rito and lala
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/448872/

one of the next OVA's will be the Trouble Quest based on the manga chapters #93 through #98 (at least it wont be some random crap like the last one...)
the next 2 OVA's are still unknown
Joe88

Postby Flame-X » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:48 am

Ya, I'm kinda disappointed with the sudden end of the manga but it was a fun read from start to finish. With that last chp, It pulls the Mx0 on us. This is one of those mangas where I don't mind the fillers and endless amount of fanservice. I'm more of a Yui fan, she's just so damn hot and a lot more interesting than Lala and Haruna combined at least in my opinion. Hope the author continues story with a sequel or some sort.
Flame-X

Postby Joe88 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:52 pm

who doesnt love yui...?
my fav by far, followed by run, then maybe risa

speaking of which I took the to love-ru portable games for a spin for both the DS and PSP
to say the least the PSP ver was much better quality, they are 2 different games with different stories
PSP had good backgrouds, chrecter design with animation and full voice over
DS ver had none of this, the chrecters looked like someone cut them out of paper taped them into the game, the edges around the characters were pretty evident of this

PSP was mainly text driven with multiple options along the way which would lead to fan server and a few mini games tacked on
DS ver was mini-game driven with little text, the whole game was mini-games for the most part and they wernt that good

the PSP ver rewards with various fanservice images (that I have uploaded, download here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ogxnd ), short voice segments from each character, cutscenes, and various other things (I still havnt found all the fanservice pics, I played the game 5 times already and go most of them but there are a bit still missing)
the DS rewards with 3D bottlecap figurines that you can look at and shake to make their boobs bounce, many different posses and you can substitute any character in that pose and put any costume on them (ex. put lala costume on yui, yami's on yui, etc...), you can also change the manu menu background with any character in any costume that will will move around and respond when you touch them)

I dont understand a lick of JP except for the various kanji symbols that represent each characters names but here are the jist story of the 2 games

PSP ver : To Love-Ru Trouble - Doki Doki Rinkai Gakkou Hen
the school goes on a resort trip, you spend 4 day there, and basically hang out with all the people and get treated to fan service along the way, the enemy is this girl with a robot
depending on your decisions through the game you will get different endings and have one main girl that was the focus of your trip (lala, haruna, yami, yui, run, or saki), one ending is where the girl kidnaps haruna and you have to save her, another is yami just beats the hell out of her
and thats about it

DS ver: ToLove-Ru Trouble - WakuWaku Rinkan Gakkou Hen
the school goes on a resort trip (like the psp ver but a bit different)
and you basically play chapters that have a mini game at the end of each one and continue onto the next until you are at the end and on the ride home lala creates a device that goes back in time to an alt time on that exact data and you play something different from someone elses perspective instead of just rito's (like haruna, lala, or yami, etc...) , rinse and repeat
games vary from a rhythm mini game, bowling, one where you have to squirt white cream onto strawberries (a bit of sexual innuendo there), a cave maze in 3d, a side scroller (this was actually pretty hard...), a touching game (more sexual innuendo)
and thats it

sorry if I went a bit off topic, still about to love-ru anyway :d
Joe88

Postby Minimoto » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:20 pm

I honestly expected an ending like this. It always happens... but I wish the mangaka would have broken from the norm. Well, it's over and he ends up staying harem forever... yay. This is impossible but I wish that he either ended up with Yami or Kotegawa.

Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.
Minimoto

Postby OmniStrata » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Adult Eve ftw and Lala is kinda bleh* but I've seen far worse anime gals gunning for the hero...

the #1 man in the universe is an idiot...
OmniStrata

Postby Jasta85 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:14 pm

eh? which chapter did eve go adult? must have missed that one, i remember her trying out "breast enhancement" at one point but don't remember actual adult form
Jasta85

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion