Re: DPRN: Daft Punk Rules the Nation

Post by -MD » Mon May 18, 2009 6:19 am

Yep :3 Alive

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Tue May 19, 2009 8:13 am

I've updated the track selection with new editors as well as freed up some tracks where editors have dropped out. We still have about 17 tracks left unspoken for.

I will be sending out updates here soon for those of you who haven't contacted me directly about your betas. We are at the Proof of Concept Deadline.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:35 am

Ok, seriously, I've been a bit lazy here, but I'm still planning on going forward with this MEP. I've seen some great betas so far which is making me more fired up about this. I will be sending out updates soon as we're in the Working Beta stage. I wanna see more of these working betas.

So get to work, and the rest of you, sign up and take a track!
ImageImageImageImage

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 am

I'm very interested in this, read the rules&guidelines and will probably email you later.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Yes, we are still alive and kicking. I've gotten betas from some of you involved but quite a few have yet to provide Proof of Concepts. I will be pinging everyone shortly to ensure that you all are still committed to finishing your tracks and to get betas out of you all.

I've added a few new editors to the mix and taken off a few drops that I was able to confirm. If you're taking part of the MEP do try and get some of your friends to join.

As of this time I am debating removing the final requirement of 720p for everyone. Essentially, I want to know how many members are actually editing at 720p and how many are planning to upscale their final video. If the number of upscalers outweighs the number of native editors I will probably decide to take 480p entries as they are, as well as 720p. This by no means will require that those of you editing at 720p need to downscale your finals, I will gladly accept the 720p versions. This only means that I will plan on having a 720p and 480p release, and those of you who submit at 720p will have better looking tracks in the end as your tracks will already be at 720p and need to be upscaled to fit.
ImageImageImageImage

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:04 pm

I'm editing at 720p (I'm actually downscaling from 1080p)
...I suppose I should edit some more

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Alright, for those of you who like banners we now have sig banners and banners that can go on websites if you so desire. You can check them out in the links section on the DPRN site: http://ngsilver.com/DPRN/links.htm

Also, I have posted new upscale scripts that are much faster and produce a much higher quality upscale. These scripts can also be found on the links/help section. But here they are for quick reference:

Code: Select all

nnedi2_rpow2(2,2,3,true,"spline36resize",1280,720)
limitedsharpenfaster(ss_x=1.3,ss_y=1.3,Smode=3,strength=24,overshoot=0)

Code: Select all

spline36resize(1280,720)
limitedsharpenfaster(ss_x=1.3,ss_y=1.3,Smode=3,strength=24,overshoot=0)
It should be noted that the nnedi2 script will be very slow. The quality it produces however in the end is better then the second script. It's really up to you which version you decide to go with in the end. The second script on my PC produces a video that without other filters can be watched in real time and on my older single core PC in near real time, so if you want to see how well your video can look with this script that is the one to test out with and make your decision as to which you will use and if you feel the need to use any other filters to further clean up the footage.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:50 am

For those of you needing or wanting access to FTP to submit your betas let me know and I will give you the information. You will be able to download other user's betas as well and offer advice on them.
ImageImageImageImage

Snowcrash
Org Profile

Post by Snowcrash » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:29 am

Maybe you will get new editors :wink:
Wait and see

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”