Saki

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Re: Saki

Post by hasteroth » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:21 pm

Well you just isolated that frame *ahem*
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Sukunai
Org Profile

Post by Sukunai » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:28 pm

Nah I just stole it from Sankaku, but I relocated it so I was linking directly to the place (found out that is not allowed).
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:48 pm

Mmmm, sweaty thighs, luminous blushing, imaginative rape.....girls playing mahjong has never been better! 8-)

ImageImage

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:31 pm

angelx03 wrote:Mmmm, sweaty thighs, luminous blushing, imaginative rape.....girls playing mahjong has never been better! 8-)

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img197.imageshack.us/i/1246231466966.jpg/
Touka x Nodoka ftw.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:02 am

God, episode 18 was a riot! Kana making her yakuman for 32,000 points. Then Yumi rons off Koromo for 11,600 points. But I loved how everyone was shocked that Saki would win with cheap hands and not go for something higher scoring considering that she's behind in points. Then she changed her 2000 point hand to 24,000 points. Pon! Kan! Kan! Kan! Tsumo. Rinshan Kaihou. And EVERYONE is stunned. OK, maybe not her teammates since she probably did that to them too at the training camp. Hisa said, "She finally showed up." And Nodoka said, "She's back. The Miyanaga from the training camp."

And I though episode 17 was over the top. :D
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

ehra2008
Org Profile

Post by ehra2008 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:43 am

Speaking of things that need to be translated, the creator of those Saki parody comics is apparently also doing a series of illustrated mahjong classes featuring the cast of Saki.
Naruto Forever. Can't wait for a Naruto MMORPG

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Mmm, that could be good ^^

I need further help with basic hands and scoring, though I have already managed to play some nice games in three people :) Though in three people it's more of a Pon/Kan hunt, since you can't Chi from the player before you ^^

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Nya-chan Production wrote:Mmm, that could be good ^^

I need further help with basic hands and scoring, though I have already managed to play some nice games in three people :) Though in three people it's more of a Pon/Kan hunt, since you can't Chi from the player before you ^^
I'd teach you but... I'm too lazy. :P

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:38 am

I lost many hours playing the official Saki mahjong mini-game here: http://www.saki-anime.com/special_game.html.

It uses the basic riichi ruleset (no extra dora tiles or special rules like in the anime tournament), and it's only one East round (dammed short). But it's a good way for a beginner (like me) to get a feel of the game. I use this document as a guide to the rules and primarily for determining the different yaku (and yakuman): http://mahjong-europe.org/files/riichirules_EN.pdf. There are some differences between Japanese rules and European rules (stated in the preface), but they are fairly minor, and the terminology is somewhat different (e.g. kan (JP) vs. kong (EU) and pon (JP) vs. pung (EU)).

The tough part initially is getting a yaku to call mahjong. Having a concealed hand and calling riichi is the most straightforward way, but getting to that point (tenpai) without taking discards is not the most easy thing to do. Unless you have Saki-level luck. Me, I have Kaori-level luck (i.e. beginner's luck). I always hope for a Rinshan Kaihou when I call a kan and I suck at strategy.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:04 am

Ha! I never was any good.

I know how to play.... I just... suck

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”