Random Action Videos

General discussion of Anime Music Videos

EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Random Action Videos

Post by EvaFan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Maybe its just that your views on what action is, are just to shallow? This thread wasnt about what action is in the first place. To me girls fighting is considered action regardless of the missing "gore, manly badass shit" you seem to care about. The video I posted wasn't all action though, I'll admitt this. However, it just had enough action in it to select action as a category... You know... You select up to 3 that seem fitting for the amv you create, or atleast thats what it says on the video info page "Please select one that best suites your video but not more then three."

I was gonna respond yesterday but then I looked at your video profile to see if your post and what you choose on action in your vids made any sense... but it doesn't.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:50 pm

I rarely see good random action videos here. That's why I make them.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:57 pm

The only good action videos
Spoiler :
Are random action videos.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Girls unite and prove these naysayers wrong. My suggestion is you create a most badass Queen's Blade action AMV.

I look forward to your endeavors.

^_^

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:40 pm

I thought we all loved Girls Fightn' Dirty Randomly?

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Since action videos are more concerned about things like visual flow and cuts, a screw-up there could mean the whole thing will fall apart without some sort of other excuse (such as a concept) to make up for it.
This essentially is my thoughts on action videos. The thing about 'random' action videos is that people think that they can get away with just being random and saying 'Well it's an action video.' Here's the thing, a proper action video that is solely action and no story is hard to make, but you get a lot people coming along, thinking it's easy and slapping random action clip together. When I say random, I literally mean that it's random in that you can tell that not much though has gone into the scene selection except 'I like this action scene, so I'm putting it in there.' What makes an action video hard to make is you have to be able to capture the audience's attention and make it enjoyable on action sequences they've already seen. Many people don't do things to add more value to those action sequences to present them differently in their videos.

There hasn't been an action video that I've liked in a while. Even the finalists in the recent VCAs were for the most part weren't even all that great to me. There aren't too many action videos that have stuck with me. As of now, this is my favorite:

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:09 pm

Ingow wrote:even Ranma action videos from 1998 were more serious and had more adrenaline rush in them than these new-age garbage action AMVs.
Sounds familiar :awesome:
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Elcalavero
Org Profile

Post by Elcalavero » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Random action videos are awesome

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Arent action amvs supposed to be random? :|

An action amv doesnt HAVE to have a point to it, just cause it uses random action scenes doesnt make it a crappy action vid. As far as I know, when you start adding a story or some kind of deep concept to it, the less of an action amv it becomes.
Image ImageImage

Return to “General AMV”