AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OFFICIALLY OPEN)

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:12 am

Wanted to ask, Deuce, does theme include songs from inside movies like animated musicals, not just the intro themes and such? I also wanted to ask if it's okay if I do some more in a similar vein as the last ones I did. Honestly many of the ones I did for this year were the ones I felt I could accomplish, this upcoming year I have more time to pull off more difficult ones, but in a similar style. Sadly, there's a Snicker's commercial I wanted to do for AMVS3 but didn't have the footage or ability until now. My clips seemed to get a very favorable response at Otakon, and I wanted to follow a similar style if that was all right. If I find a theme one that I know will land harder than the ones I have planned it'll be done first without question.

I have many ideas that have cleared my 'is it funny' filter, some better than others, I just want to check if they're okay not being theme-based. I really really want to do some of these, and I'm confident they will do pretty well at the con. If you want specifics, I can PM you with them.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:55 am

The thing you have to ask yourself: "Will this music be immediately recognizable for the movie it's in?" More to the point, "Will they know what movie this is from?"

And if you want to do a commercial, I'm sure we'll have room enough for "words from our sponsors." Just send whatever you want and I'll let you know if it will work as is or if anything more needs done...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Gotchya, so it's more 'recognizeable source' than musical theme then?

More specifically, I planned to do more scenes similar to the An Heero or FMAttell. Honestly I'm more inspired by coming up with obscure scene and timing connections... as my AMVS3 submissions probably have already shown :D Oddly enough some of my current plans feel to me like themes in the sense of being iconic rather than musical, so a lot of what I've got ideas for won't be outlandish alongside the general idea behind AMVS4 I don't believe. My biggest worry is I plan to use movies and comedy sketches again among other things, so I want to make sure I don't spend hours collecting footage and making things funny just to have them not go in because they're not quite a theme. A good chunk of the ones I really want to do have cussing in them too, but I consider it tasteful use. But I can tell you "Fucking Jump!" got responses beyond my wildest hopes, so I don't think the fanparody crowd really cares about cussing when used responsibly.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Gaelstrom:
Just show me what you got and tell me, in addition to the source, what network it came from. We'll work on things from there... :book:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 pm

We can do commercials right? It's on tv after all.

And umm, can we use video games? :?

TeamCanadia
Org Profile

Post by TeamCanadia » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:40 pm

*waves arms* I'd like to take a gander at this. :'D (I've never actually done a MEP before...)

Awh hell, no use in claiming anything. I keep adding more.
I think I'll just stick to audio clips and trailers. :3

Edit: Does 'The Guild' count? XD It's internet TV.
(I promise, I won't mess with this post anymore. No more edits.)

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:55 am

MaggIvy
Commercials are fine. We just won't be doing a ton of them this time. ;)

TeamCanadia
Erm,...I don't think internet TV quite qualifies. If it's not something you can turn on your TV and punch numbers on your cable box (or whatever you use), I doubt too many people will know of it. And video game stuff...which ones do you plan to use?
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:06 am

Sent you a PM a few days ago, Deuce. Are those ideas all right? Most of them are readily available on TV movie channels and comedy central ^^ I think they'll do well, I hope you'll allow them.
ImageImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:06 am

Before I start on another segment, if I said

"The Golden Girls"

or

"The Nanny"

would any of you know what I'm talking about?

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:13 am

Gaelstrom wrote:Sent you a PM a few days ago, Deuce. Are those ideas all right? Most of them are readily available on TV movie channels and comedy central ^^ I think they'll do well, I hope you'll allow them.
The ideas sound good (those that I recognize), but see...you don't need to run every idea past me. Just make stuff and send it. I like to be surprised. ;)I'd rather download something I only have TV source and anime info for and be amazed than know ahead of time what you all are doing and have that impact taken away. Sheesh, CodeChrono promised an epic Hancock trailer which he never turned in and I was disappointed to not ever see it.

So go forth all and do your thing. I'll wait here and see what you all can create, then we'll figure out what works and what parts might need tweaking and so on.

Code:
I'm a little scared, but in a good way... :P
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”