Adobe Premiere previews lag when previewing on my laptop?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
AnimeSpiritZ
Org Profile

Re: Adobe Premiere previews lag when previewing on my laptop?

Post by AnimeSpiritZ » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:12 am

Qyot27 wrote:How is ffdshow set up? You might need to make sure that the formats are set to decode on both the DirectShow and VFW interfaces. By default, the VFW interface is mostly disabled.

Also, make sure you're using a recent build of ffdshow (I go with the most recent generic SVN builds by clsid):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/files/
I just downloaded the newest ffdshow build (generic SVN build by clsid).
In the ffdshow video decoder configuration, I unchecked "Don't use ffdshow in" under DirectShow control. I also enabled every codec to decode with libavcodec under Codecs.
In the VFW interface, I also enabled every codec to work with libavcodec. I'm not sure what "Raw Video" is, but I turned on "all upported" for it.

I'm not sure if this is all I had to do, but the codecs are till not available to encode preview files for Premiere Pro CS4.
. : AnimeSpiritZ : .

*and sand blows deadly across from silence..*

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:31 pm

AnimeSpiritZ wrote:I unchecked "Don't use ffdshow in" under DirectShow control.
On the DirectShow control page, when you unchecked 'Don't use ffdshow in', was Premiere in the list next to that checkbox?

Likewise, are 'Use ffdshow only in' and 'Show dialog when unknown application tries to load ffdshow' checked or unchecked? Is Premiere in the list next to 'Use ffdshow only in'?
I'm not sure what "Raw Video" is, but I turned on "all upported" for it.
Raw Video is simply Uncompressed video, the different options under it refer to which specific colorspaces it should handle. For instance, if you told it 'All YUV', it would handle just Uncompressed YUV, and you wouldn't need the Helix YUV codecs to make AviSynth work right.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

AnimeSpiritZ
Org Profile

Post by AnimeSpiritZ » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Qyot27 wrote:On the DirectShow control page, when you unchecked 'Don't use ffdshow in', was Premiere in the list next to that checkbox?
Yeah, premiere.exe was in the list next to "Don't use ffdshow in." But I practically erased everything on the list and unchecked it.
Likewise, are 'Use ffdshow only in' and 'Show dialog when unknown application tries to load ffdshow' checked or unchecked? Is Premiere in the list next to 'Use ffdshow only in'?
After reading this, I just followed these instructions. But I still dont see the codecs after re-opening premiere.
. : AnimeSpiritZ : .

*and sand blows deadly across from silence..*

Return to “Adobe Software”