AMV Salad 3: next stop - NekoCon 12...

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 3: the tour begins at Otakon

Post by Squancho » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:51 am

thundercatlord wrote:got the final (fixed) product for us to download?
I think that can be arranged. :P Gimme a day or two...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:11 am

I'm gettin' nervous for whatever reason... if you want to find me in the audience I think I'll be the one reflexively covering my face as soon as "Fish Tank" comes on...
ImageImageImage

InspZenigata
Org Profile

Post by InspZenigata » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Do we know what time the AMV Salad panel is?
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:48 am

I'd say... we ruled the night... those original animatons were awesome, DBZ Abridged couldn't have made me happier to see there, but damn it went better than I could have thought. Since my flight is at 5 on Sunday, I'm going to respectfully beg:
A) Live action either is removed for given its own place on Sunday so they can no longer ruin the other parodies
B) Test screenings by Otakon staff... so that they can put questionable stuff in the end... it may be mean, but man that was horrid.

Great job guys, I couldn't keep my heart from pounding through the whole thing for my stuff ^^ I was so happy to see the reactions were far beyond what I had anticipated for the whole thing. People around me were crying they laughed so hard.

Seems that that final version didn't get in, but no worse for wear I guess.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:02 am

Gaelstrom wrote:People around me were crying they laughed so hard.

Meh...I doubt anyone noticed or cared about the little things that were corrected for the final copy. At least it sounds that way. But I wouldn't know. Otakon scheduled my game show during parody screenings for the first hour Friday night. Let's hear it for scheduling conflicts! |:> < /sarcasm>
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 am

deuceloosely wrote:
Gaelstrom wrote:People around me were crying they laughed so hard.

Meh...I doubt anyone noticed or cared about the little things that were corrected for the final copy. At least it sounds that way. But I wouldn't know. Otakon scheduled my game show during parody screenings for the first hour Friday night. Let's hear it for scheduling conflicts! |:> < /sarcasm>
Aw damn, dude, I can't believe it... I'm sorry to hear that. I was so nervous I could barely register anything happening at first, but I had to carefully listen for my clip's reactions so I could get an accurate understanding of crowd timing. I got so focussed on that I barely remember much else. For the most part the AMA reactions were accurate to this as well.

I gotta say though... "Fucking Jump!" seemed to become a bit of a meme! During that crappy live action one that annihilated the mood of the night, some people screamed it. My friends who were with me heard it yelled a couple times outside. Nowhere near as much as "BUTTSCRATCHAAA!!" but still that felt great. I could not have been more happy... except that maybe if they stopped showing live action 'parodies' ever again. You'd figure people would learn, they always suck. I can only give an A for effort for a few years in a row, then I have to designate that they are massive failures.

I got scared though, after the "I farted" clip got such a great reaction they were laughing and nearly missed my gundam one's initial lines. "Now then!" was almost completely drowned out, but "Yikes and away!" made it in and I heard some random people burst out laughing in recognition, followed by the rest after the boom. And the "AWESOME!" did better than I could have imagined. So well, it drained out the "One, two, three, four" of the Beck clip, which I couldn't believe how that worked in my favor. Since it was drowned out, there was pure silence when the laughter faded during the silent still frame, then the "Oh my god we don't know any songs!" was even better than if they'd heard the initial stuff probably. And when "Fucking Jump!" went on, the laughter went on so long that I was nervous they would miss the "Do it you bitch!" but the laughter died down like... two seconds soon enough for people to hear and then laugh all over again.

In Iron Editor in one of the chatrooms I asked what people thought of AMVS3 and one recognized my name in the chat and said he liked the DBZ Ending best ^^ And FMAttell was... I can't describe how happy it made me. That one may have been the best reaction out of all the reactions mine recieved.

Haruhi Bye Bye Bye got a great reaction too, and honestly I was surprised Head On got a great reaction, I was afraid Head On was overdone, but I was totally wrong. And you were right, Deuce, you could hear people recognizing exactly where my Excel one was going, but when the twitch came, nobody needed to see what happened next. I got the singular pleasure of seeing the guy in front of me burst at the first bullet, then realizing Il Palazzo was unloading on Excel and curl in on himself and let loose laughing.

Men's Warehouse was another 'wave of recognition' one as well ^^ I was just listening for the /b/tards to chime in, and here and there I could hear them. And like you said of AMA, the logo nailed it. The fangirls particularly took that one to town.

Biggest thing was from where I was, the "FUCKING WINDOWS 98!!" was COMPLETELY drowned out from laughter at the bluescreen crash. It was like it took that second of pause to even register she just crashed. The intel logo nailed it just like you said.

Hehe, and after the very poignant laughs at Bird is the Word, the elevator one, bye bye bye and such, Fish Tank ninja'd in to give people the laughs they weren't sure they wanted to give ^^

Only thing I wanted more was to see it again saturday. Can we submit AMVS3 again next year and AMVS4 afterward so they both play? I seem to remember that happening with 3.14 and AMVS2 for some reason. It's totally worth it I think that it gets more con play (now I'm friggan addicted to it, dammit).

Anyway, awesome Deuce. Problems aside, it truly seemed to stack up decently against AMVS2!
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:38 am

I doubt seriously that we'd be allowed more than one entry. We'd be kinda hoarding airtime since these projects are so long. Anyway, I play the previous and current AMVS at all the other cons (Neko, Katsu, Tekko, and AMA). There's a possibility of going to AUSA but that depends heavily on finances and "real life" schedule...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:30 pm

I doubt it as well, but you can try. Worst they can do is say no, and it was so successful, I think they'd be more receptive than you think.

Also, can you upload the final fixed version please so we can get it? Plus we really should get rid of the beta on the org as soon as possible so the real finished version can get up. People are gonna start downlloading it if they haven't already.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:...can you upload the final fixed version please so we can get it? Plus we really should get rid of the beta on the org as soon as possible so the real finished version can get up. People are gonna start downlloading it if they haven't already.
*render*

I submitted a deletion request but for the video only. I'll be upping it to the 'org as soon as the render is complete.

I'll have an mp4 download ready for you and the waiting masses a bit later today...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:08 pm

deuceloosely wrote: *render*

I submitted a deletion request but for the video only.

...and here it be.
Fixed. :book:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”