Adobe Premiere Elements 7 HELP

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Mitsukai Mizu Amaya
Org Profile

Adobe Premiere Elements 7 HELP

Post by Mitsukai Mizu Amaya » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:35 pm

I'm trying to put together an AMV in PE7, but none of the presets will allow me to use 24 fps footage or 44100hz music; it's all 48000hz and 29.97fps. When I try to make a new preset, everything is greyed out, yet in the help option for the program it says it shouldn't. I tried to make an amv just using the standard preset, but the video was extremely jerky and the audio didn't play at all. If I can't figure out how to fix this soon, I'll have to go back to using WMM; meaning a hundred dollars down the drain. T.T

I've tried hacking one of the presets, but am unsure of what to change in order to be able to use my footage and audio.

Hareoic
Org Profile

Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 7 HELP

Post by Hareoic » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:21 pm

You'll have to convert your footage to 29.97 FPS. PE7 doesn't allow you to use 23.976/24 FPS from what I can tell.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:29 am

Since you want to edit at 23.976 I assume that you have telecined footage and in avisynth you are doing IVTC+Decimate. What you can do is just IVTC, so that your video will be 29.97 with duplicate frames, and then decimate the finished video at 29.97. You might have a 1 frame difference in sync here and there, so you might have to change accordingly, but that's as good as it can get. Alternatively, you could edit at 25 fps, since you should have the PAL standard at disposal too, and then doing TDecimate(cycle=25), which should bring the framerate to 24fps, but it's not as good as the other solution, I think.
As for the audio, you could always add the original audio back in avisynth, but you'll have to edit with the audio starting at the very beginning and ending with the audio end.

Here is the avisynth code assuming that you want to get back to 23.976 from 29.97 and that you want a second worth of black video + no audio before and after the actual amv:

Code: Select all

video = avisource("your export.avi").killaudio().converttoyv12().TDecimate(mode=1)  
audio = wavsource("your audio.wav")
amv = audiodub(video,audio)
leader = BlankClip(24,720,480,"YV12",23976,1000,44100,true,true,000000)
leader++amv++leader
If you want credits with a different audio in your video, you can make them separately like if it was a video by itself, and then you could put them together like this:

Code: Select all

video = avisource("your export.avi").killaudio().converttoyv12().TDecimate(mode=1)  
audio = wavsource("your audio.wav")
amv = audiodub(video,audio)
vidcred = avisource("credits video.avi").killaudio().converttoyv12().TDecimate(mode=1)  
audcred = wavsource("credits audio.wav")
cred = audiodub(vidcred,audcred)
leader = BlankClip(24,720,480,"YV12",23976,1000,44100,true,true,000000)
leader++amv++leader++cred++leader
If you want to make an audio cut, you should do it in Audacity - here there is a simple guide to edit audio in audacity and a link to the download.

Mitsukai Mizu Amaya
Org Profile

Post by Mitsukai Mizu Amaya » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:36 am

Thanks. I'll make sure to try out what you suggested: I'm scrambling to get my four done for the convention I'm going to. ^^

Return to “Adobe Software”