rendering music and video in the project window in AE help.

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
duskull
Org Profile

rendering music and video in the project window in AE help.

Post by duskull » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:31 am

at first it was not a big deal about having to open a whole ram preview to see my video with the music playing at the same time. But know its really getting on my nerves and i was just wondering if any body new how to change the settings so that when i press the space bar in my comp not just the video plays but the audio that i have as well so i can sync my effects better with the music.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: rendering music and video in the project window in AE help.

Post by Kariudo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:39 pm

I don't think that's an option in AE. IIRC, the best you can do is hold ctrl while scrubbing the timeline to get the audio as well.
Expanding the audio layer to see the waveform might help a little...

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: rendering music and video in the project window in AE help.

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:57 am

Go to Composition > Preview and make sure that Audio is checked. If it is, then just choose Composition > Preview > RAM Preview and you will hear your audio during the preview. Sometimes, though, the first time through the preview the audio will be slightly shifted, like a couple frames early or late, IIRC, so you should just let the preview go on for at least a couple times to check the actual sync.

Return to “Adobe Software”