Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
L.Fist
Org Profile

Re: Eating/Gatherings at Otakon 2009

Post by L.Fist » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:38 pm

This Cheesecake Factory sounds intriguing. So just to verify, what are the meet up times?

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Seven (7) o'clock PM
eastern

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:38 am

I could be interested in the get-together on Thursday night (if there is one). It depends on how soon we all get our badges, though, but still, sounds like fun.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:51 am

There's no maybe about it. It's on! I'm actually planning to get my badge *after* dinner though since they will still be open. It's so easy since nobody's there.

chui101
Org Profile

Post by chui101 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm up for a Thursday meetup. Or a Saturday night meetup, since I don't plan on going to the rave. And I have absolutely no complaints about Cheesecake Factory!
Cyber Ninja Productions - http://www.devilsbsd.net

phoenixblood
Org Profile

Post by phoenixblood » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 am

It sounds like Cheesecake Factory it is. No complaints here. :awesome:

They give you so much food though............anyone up for splitting a portobella sandwich and fries? :D

thundercleez
Org Profile

Post by thundercleez » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:24 pm

So it's Cheesecake Factory on Thursday at 7 then? How are us newbies supposed to find the group? Someone going to have a sign or something? I'm guessing the meeting location will be out front of Cheesecake Factory?

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Hmm a sign doesn't sound like to bad of an idea. Last year though I think we were simply gathered at the front as a group and people just asked :P . How many entrances does Cheesecake Factory have again? I definitely know there's one from inside the mall. Perhaps that should be the designated one in case there's another I forgot about?

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Okay, Cheesecake Factory it is then. Now, here's a list of everyone who has agreed to come, correct me if otherwise:

NightMistress85 + 2 guests
Cosmos Studio
Parodic Productions (me)
L.Fist
sallen3k
Neardawg
-Corsair-
thundercleez
Brakus
chui101
phoenixblood
Sky-Blaze (sounds a little unsure, but it'll do)

So, that's roughly fourteen(14) people.

I'll make the reservations next week, seeing as I live nearby. I'm looking either Monday at the earliest unless otherwise. Just to make certain, I'll reserve for fifteen people; looking at the designs of the restaurant, we're more than likely to be seated at two or more tables. So,just a heads up.

Now, a sign could work initially, but we would need to have something for late arrivals. I suggest a reservation name that everyone can remember to ask at the front desk.

Now, normally Otakon AMV group is fine, but two years ago at Uno's, there was a slight major mixup with the names and they seated the wrong group of twenty people. Three of the original people ate alone in the restaurant, and I wondered around like a jackass all through the diner til I gave up and stuck with a McDonald's instead. But I'd given up fast food for New Year's Resolution a year and half ago, so that's not gonna happen again. Anyway, I digress.

I'm thinking of either risking it with "AMV Dinner" or "Music Video Dinner" as a reservation name and have you ask at the front by name, or I can give you my full name here and reserve under that. Either way, I'm going to make sure that nobody else is seated until I come in. Seems fair, right? Anyway, as for a sign, I suck at such, but I trust you'll be able to spot the man with glasses and a Git-R-Done hat standing outside.

If there is anything else I may have missed, please let me know.

Oh! There is generally a front entrance from inside the little mall, but there's outdoor seating as well. Let me know if you need directions or whether you prefer indoor or outdoor seating, as if I need to ask.

NightMistress85
Org Profile

Post by NightMistress85 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Sounds like a plan! I *may* have a 3rd guest depending on when she arrives (last year her train came in really late after the dinner), so maybe 16 is good? I guess eating outside would depend on the weather. Last year there was a random torrential downpour as I made my way to Unos :x I think "AMV Dinner" is sensible enough btw.

Return to “Anime Conventions”