Umineko no Naku Koro ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:41 pm

That's all I needed to know, First post is kinda confusing for people that are just jumping into the anime without knowing anything about the manga/VN. I didn't know what she meant by "Don't expect it to be like higurashi etc..." so I figured I'd confirm the gore, etc...

I'm looking forward to this now. The first episode set the stage pretty well from a plot driven standpoint.

Seriously though... LOL at this dudes perversion and that made's costume was pretty hawt. I approve of buckle skirt :up: .
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:44 am

Okay so... Is it worth watching? I've never played the VN, so I don't have anything going for it.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:45 am

AaronAMV wrote:Okay so... Is it worth watching? I've never played the VN, so I don't have anything going for it.
No one could really say its not worth watching by judging it from just the first episode. I know very little about it as well but if you enjoyed Higurashi then I don't see why you would have a problem with this since people say its better but that's all so for us to judge ourselves.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:36 pm

This was my general experience with the first episode.

Plus the epic opening sequence.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:21 pm

^ I was definitely forced to agree with that mother. It had to stop.
... yea ...

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:24 pm

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:17 am

I get the feeling that it's supposed to be incredibly annoying...

And Pas...

I don't even know how to react to that :|

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:37 am

Looks like tourettes though she must only have vocal tics when nervous. The more nervous she gets the more vocal tics she gets. It's annoying but its not really her fault but since I work with a guy with tourretes its hard for me to act like an ass about it even if it is just a character from an anime show. The pics made me lol though.

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:55 am

Er, yeah, let's go with that.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Hareoic wrote:I get the feeling that it's supposed to be incredibly annoying...

And Pas...

I don't even know how to react to that :|
I do: You forgot to erase the part of the eyes on the hair. Fail. :down:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”