Umineko no Naku Koro ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Post by angelx03 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

07th Expansion's new, most anticipated suspense thriller series is coming very soon (the first episode should have premiered by now). The basic synopsis is here:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni takes place in the year 1986, during the time frame of October 4 and October 5 on a secluded island named Rokkenjima. The head of a wealthy family named Kinzo Ushiromiya, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people start to get mysteriously murdered.
From what the original visual novel readers said, don't expect this to be like Higurashi. In fact, they emphasize that a lot concepts and execution of those concepts that were used in Higurashi are better improved; they claim Umineko is a much better constructed series than Higurashi. Well, let's see how this series will go; I have also heard the Higurashi staff of Studio DEEN are definitely putting more effort in this one.

Now I go search for the OP and ED sequences.
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Re: Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Post by angelx03 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Found them!

OP: http://tinyurl.com/m6bw7w
ED: http://tinyurl.com/kmepm7

Epic sequences are freakin' EPIC!!! :shock:
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Says "video is private" for both...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:48 pm

Wait, it's already premiered? Well, I know what I'm doing when I get home.
... yea ...

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:53 pm

Otohiko wrote:Says "video is private" for both...
Argh, fudge nutters! :x

Well, you might as well wait awhile especially since the Japanese producers are quick to take those down as well.
ImageImage

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

I have waited with much anticipation for this...

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Pas wrote:I have waited with much anticipation for this...

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7013/u ... odhand.jpg
...Bwahahaha, that pretty much sums it up.

Anyhoo, about the first episode...

Episode 1 seemed to try introducing everybody in the small timeframe given and had to omit quite a lot. The part where it ended, however, was just -perfect-.
Spoiler :
Maria says Beatrice gave her the umbrella. Cue stupefied faces all around.
Then there's the music, which includes a couple recognizable tracks from the game, and the OP and ED.
Can I say that I love the anime OP and ED? They're full of epicness (literally) even if it loses the "island sound" that the visual novel had.

All in all, I'm pleased with what I've seen so far. It's a bit rushed right now, but the game had a large cast, so that's going to take some time to get around to. Here's hoping for lots of uncensored gory bits and terrifying atmosphere.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:25 am

Subs are out guys, grab em while they're hot :P

The episode itself was a fairly standard introductory episode, some crazy moments included, of course. Some things did feel a little out of place, and other parts rushed, not to mention the VAs weren't top-notch but this is just the beginning. Things will really get interesting over the next few episodes :D

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:35 am

Are we talking like brutal (higurashi kind of stuff or worse) murders or "It was the butler in the ballroom with the candlestick" kind of murders?

ANN lists it as horror but these days they say anything with murder in it is horror :roll: .
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Hareoic
Org Profile

Post by Hareoic » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:34 am

Eva-Fan wrote:Are we talking like brutal (higurashi kind of stuff or worse) murders or "It was the butler in the ballroom with the candlestick" kind of murders?
It makes Higurashi look tame in comparison. Especially chapter seven of the manga for the first game episode.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”