The site store is back!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Re: The site store is back!

Post by Otohiko » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Actually I think we need a selection of shirts with all of TJ's foolsday banners available.

Cause I'd by every single one. Probably :amv:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Otohiko wrote:Actually I think we need a selection of shirts with all of TJ's foolsday banners available.

I know I would.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:12 am

Epic win :D

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:17 am

DriftRoot wrote: Not sure how this might work, but maybe a calendar would be an item to think about if people really want something with the other logos.
a calendar is a good idea, though i think it would be neat to have members submit images, which would be more interesting than past site logos. we could have a contest to choose the 12 best faux posters you create in amv announcements a la
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4390 ... ngcopy.png
which would also give winners free amv promotion

merchandise with other past site logos will be up soon(tm)

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:33 pm

but where are the a-m-v.org undies
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Otohiko wrote:Actually I think we need a selection of shirts with all of TJ's foolsday banners available.

I know I would.
I wonder if TJ would be willing to remake those banners in higher resolution...

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:05 pm

jasper-isis wrote:I wonder if TJ would be willing to remake those banners in higher resolution...
I dunno! I put so much work into them that they might be impossible to duplicate :P

(what resolution does Zazzle require?)

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:23 pm

http://zazzle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/495

It looks like a horizontal resolution of 2400px should cover most products. The skateboard, however, requires a horizontal resolution of 9900px.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:59 pm

downwithpants wrote:
DriftRoot wrote: Not sure how this might work, but maybe a calendar would be an item to think about if people really want something with the other logos.
a calendar is a good idea, though i think it would be neat to have members submit images, which would be more interesting than past site logos. we could have a contest to choose the 12 best faux posters you create in amv announcements
While a calendar with custom AMV promos would be interesting, there are some significant legal issues related to that sort of endeavor - you wouldn't be able to use any copyrighted images in the promos, which is probably what 95% of people would want to do. Also - just from the voting standpoint - do we really need more competitions/drama around here like that? At least the logo competition is blind judging on artwork. Then you get into problems with making sure all the artwork is press-quality, etc. etc....

ACTUALLY my original idea (which I had decided not to voice) was to have past years' VCA winners listed on each month of the calendar. Yes, at some point there will be more than 12 years worth of winners to worry about, but for the moment there's not. Maybe set it up like a checklist of some kind, so people get the idea that they're encouraged to go back and check out older videos that they may not have seen before. It would be a nice extra thing that goes along with being a VCA winner.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:04 pm

downwithpants wrote:
a calendar is a good idea, though i think it would be neat to have members submit images, which would be more interesting than past site logos. we could have a contest to choose the 12 best faux posters you create in amv announcements a la
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4390 ... ngcopy.png
which would also give winners free amv promotion

merchandise with other past site logos will be up soon(tm)
I made that banner :awesome:

I like both ideas of the Org logo/VCA calendar and the AMV poster calendar, but like Driftroot said, there may be some legal issues. It depends I guess. People sell fanart in the States all the time. I dont see how this would be that different, unless the poster is literally just a screenshot of an anime with no alterations. I dont think my poster for Exsphere would qualify, but I don't know much when it comes to fan art and selling it.

Return to “Site Announcements”