The site store is back!

This forum is for site announcements. Please go here to read the SITE & FORUM RULES.

Re: The site store is back!

Postby CrackTheSky » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:58 am

I love a-m-v.org.

But not $27.50 worth.
User avatar
CrackTheSky
Fancy Balls
 
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Location: Chicago
Status: Maybe editing?

Re: The site store is back!

Postby DriftRoot » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:03 pm

jasper-isis wrote:Let us know if there is a product you'd like to buy that isn't yet available in our store.


Not sure how this might work, but maybe a calendar would be an item to think about if people really want something with the other logos. You would update it annually, of course, but it would ensure all the other logos were available as merchandise year after year. I think that would be kind of a cool thing to have. :)

This calendar option might come down to what kinds of files you have on hand for the logos, though - if they're not big enough, it's going to be hard to feature them at a large size. I suppose you could scramble them up somehow all on the same page so that the smaller logos could still be shown...
Image
User avatar
DriftRoot
 
Joined: 09 Jun 2003
Location: N.H.
Status: As important as any plug-in.

Re: The site store is back!

Postby Kitsuner » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:14 pm

The shirt zoom thing is way trippy.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: The site store is back!

Postby Ijexis » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:12 pm

...
A shirt with this phrase would be awesome.
Image
Image
User avatar
Ijexis
 
Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Location: Unilateral Matrix 001
Status: Compliant Model Basis 2.1

Re: The site store is back!

Postby Tsunami Jones » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:46 pm

「ijexis」 wrote:...
A shirt with this phrase would be awesome.
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/_media/AFD/38.jpg


:rofl:

I stole that from Pwolf :uhoh: (but I agree)
User avatar
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003

Re: The site store is back!

Postby Otohiko » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Actually I think we need a selection of shirts with all of TJ's foolsday banners available.

Cause I'd by every single one. Probably :amv:
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

Re: The site store is back!

Postby Kitsuner » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Otohiko wrote:Actually I think we need a selection of shirts with all of TJ's foolsday banners available.

Cause I'd by every single one. Probably :amv:

I know I would.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Re: The site store is back!

Postby Enigma » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:12 am

Epic win :D
User avatar
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Location: California
Status: Free

Re: The site store is back!

Postby downwithpants » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:17 am

DriftRoot wrote:Not sure how this might work, but maybe a calendar would be an item to think about if people really want something with the other logos.

a calendar is a good idea, though i think it would be neat to have members submit images, which would be more interesting than past site logos. we could have a contest to choose the 12 best faux posters you create in amv announcements a la
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4390 ... ngcopy.png
which would also give winners free amv promotion

merchandise with other past site logos will be up soon(tm)
User avatar
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
 
Joined: 03 Dec 2002
Location: storrs, ct
Status: out of service

Re: The site store is back!

Postby RolltheStampede » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:33 pm

but where are the a-m-v.org undies
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Image
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi
User avatar
RolltheStampede
 
Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: The site store is back!

Postby jasper-isis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Otohiko wrote:Actually I think we need a selection of shirts with all of TJ's foolsday banners available.

Cause I'd by every single one. Probably :amv:

I know I would.

I wonder if TJ would be willing to remake those banners in higher resolution...
Image
User avatar
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
 
Joined: 13 Aug 2002
Status: catching all the lights

Re: The site store is back!

Postby Tsunami Jones » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:05 pm

jasper-isis wrote:I wonder if TJ would be willing to remake those banners in higher resolution...

I dunno! I put so much work into them that they might be impossible to duplicate :P

(what resolution does Zazzle require?)
User avatar
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003

Re: The site store is back!

Postby jasper-isis » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:23 pm

http://zazzle.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/495

It looks like a horizontal resolution of 2400px should cover most products. The skateboard, however, requires a horizontal resolution of 9900px.
Image
User avatar
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
 
Joined: 13 Aug 2002
Status: catching all the lights

Re: The site store is back!

Postby DriftRoot » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:59 pm

downwithpants wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:Not sure how this might work, but maybe a calendar would be an item to think about if people really want something with the other logos.

a calendar is a good idea, though i think it would be neat to have members submit images, which would be more interesting than past site logos. we could have a contest to choose the 12 best faux posters you create in amv announcements


While a calendar with custom AMV promos would be interesting, there are some significant legal issues related to that sort of endeavor - you wouldn't be able to use any copyrighted images in the promos, which is probably what 95% of people would want to do. Also - just from the voting standpoint - do we really need more competitions/drama around here like that? At least the logo competition is blind judging on artwork. Then you get into problems with making sure all the artwork is press-quality, etc. etc....

ACTUALLY my original idea (which I had decided not to voice) was to have past years' VCA winners listed on each month of the calendar. Yes, at some point there will be more than 12 years worth of winners to worry about, but for the moment there's not. Maybe set it up like a checklist of some kind, so people get the idea that they're encouraged to go back and check out older videos that they may not have seen before. It would be a nice extra thing that goes along with being a VCA winner.
Image
User avatar
DriftRoot
 
Joined: 09 Jun 2003
Location: N.H.
Status: As important as any plug-in.

Re: The site store is back!

Postby LittleAtari » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:04 pm

downwithpants wrote:
DriftRoot wrote:Not sure how this might work, but maybe a calendar would be an item to think about if people really want something with the other logos.

a calendar is a good idea, though i think it would be neat to have members submit images, which would be more interesting than past site logos. we could have a contest to choose the 12 best faux posters you create in amv announcements a la
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4390 ... ngcopy.png
which would also give winners free amv promotion

merchandise with other past site logos will be up soon(tm)

I made that banner :awesome:

I like both ideas of the Org logo/VCA calendar and the AMV poster calendar, but like Driftroot said, there may be some legal issues. It depends I guess. People sell fanart in the States all the time. I dont see how this would be that different, unless the poster is literally just a screenshot of an anime with no alterations. I dont think my poster for Exsphere would qualify, but I don't know much when it comes to fan art and selling it.
User avatar
LittleAtari
 
Joined: 22 May 2005

PreviousNext

Return to Site Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests