CSUN AMV Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Ikasu
Org Profile

CSUN AMV Contest Results

Post by Ikasu » Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:57 am

Here are the results for the AMV Contest...

The contest went well...Very successful...Also we had no technical issues besides my little joke to the people waiting outside when I stated "We are having technical problems....We have encountered that our videos were encoded with a reverse field over and gave them a demonstration with my hand about what it would do..." (If you were at AX 2002 you would understand)....I then got the finger as people caught on and just laughed as we let the audience in...

One problem though....Bad choice of date.....Being Channuka (I don't know how to spell it...sorry....lol) and Thanksgiving which just finished 2 days before we only had about 40-50 out of the 170 seats filled....Although it was a great contest we just hope next year will be better....I don't know if I will be running next years but everyone enjoyed the contest more then AX 2002...And that was my goal...Now...If you are interested in the CSUN AMV Contest recorded footage please read the other thread which will be posted shortly...

We will be shipping prizes to all the winners...

Now onto the results...

----------------------
Judges Choice Awards
----------------------

Most Technical - Jay Naling's "Damaged Rei-Mix"

Most Artistic - Alex Nishimoto's "Song For The Children"

Best Editing - Tim Stair's "Souls Of Rage And Sorrow"

Best Special Effects - Charle Bathel's "So High"

Congratulations to those who have won judges awards....But for the creator of Song For The Children...It seems I've lost your txt file once I formatted...So could you send me your mailing address for your certificate?....IM me at "Ryoku Gateu" or e-mail me at "Ikasusu@directvinternet.com". All recipients of the Judges Awards will have their certificates shipped to them.

Now onto the actual contest results....

-------------------------------------------

----Best Action----

"Natural Born Killers" By Julian Milo of Hypeodermic Studios
To the Song: Natural Born Killers
To the Artist/Group: NWA
To the Anime: Kite & Mezzo Forte

----Best Drama----

"Evangelion Opus"
By Fung Weng Cheong of Shonenn Productions
To the Song: Bohemian Rhapsody
To the Artist/Group: Queen
To the Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion

----Best Comedy/Fun/Parody/Other----

"Hooked on Ebonics"
By Clayton Knight
To the Song: Saturday Night Live Skit
To the Artist/Group: Saturday Night Live
To the Anime: Love Hina

And last but not least the fan favorite....Ohh the suspense... :lol: ..

----Fan Favorite----

"Evangelion Opus"
By Fung Weng Cheong of Shonenn Productions
To the Song: Bohemian Rhapsody
To the Artist/Group: Queen
To the Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion

----------------------------

Congradulations to all the winners....And thank you for all who have competed...We had a successful contest and although I don't know if I will be running next years....The contest will be held on a different date...Sorry about all that...

Ohhh yea...Almost forgot...Prizes...I have everybody's contact information to ship the prizes but I am missing Clayton Knights....Please IM me at "RyokuGateu" on AIM or e-mail me at "Ikasusu@directvinternet.com" with your contact/mailing information..

The prizes consist of a certificate for each category, A dvd for each category winner including a few keychains and I believe 2 sound tracks...These will all be shipped...The overall contest winner will receive no dvd's...HAHAHAHHA!...lol...But he does get a spiffy trophy and a set of speakers...=D...Including a certificate like the category winners...Ohhh yea...And Alex Nishimoto actually got 2 videos which were Kite and the first volume of triggun for actually attending the contest...lol

Well....I guess that sums it up....I'm drained...I need sleep....I may stay awake for a bit longer to read some replies...Thank you all for submitting!...

I believe that's all...If I forgot anything I will post it when it comes to mind...

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:35 am

Wow, quick posting of the results! Spiffy!
The overall contest winner will....
Um....so which video was the overall winner? :shock: Is Overall the same as Fan favourite?

Other than that, yaay, although I'm suprised that I won, every finalist looked like a potential winner. Congrats to the other winners too. I'll be interesting to see your recording of video of the contest.

Thanks!

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:57 am

Woohoo I won!

Thanks everyone! And specialy Ikasu for losing sleep to make the contest awesome.

8)

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:22 am

Good job beo!! 8)
I knew you were going to win with that video! :wink:
ImageImage

melezov
Org Profile

Congratulations!

Post by melezov » Sun Dec 01, 2002 6:37 am

..To all the winners!

Have fun! :wink:

wolf_hunter
Org Profile

Post by wolf_hunter » Sun Dec 01, 2002 8:29 am

god damn beo its about time

B)

Machine
Org Profile

Post by Machine » Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:35 am

Beowulf wrote:Woohoo I won!

Thanks everyone! And specialy Ikasu for losing sleep to make the contest awesome.

8)

Wow, chalk up 2 wins for La Familia. Big Congrats to Wulfy and Fluxy. Your finally getting the recognition you have so longed for. :D Finally, someone out there showed the your awesome yet very contraversial videos. :P

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:28 am

*is slightly disapointed*

I would like to congratulate all winners though...
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:40 am

Machine wrote:
Beowulf wrote:Woohoo I won!

8)

Wow, chalk up 2 wins for La Familia. Big Congrats to Wulfy and Fluxy. Your finally getting the recognition you have so longed for. :D Finally, someone out there showed the your awesome yet very contraversial videos. :P
Woohoo!!! La Familia comes thru for us!!! :D You 2 bastards better share your winnings with us also! 8)

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:01 pm

CSUN = pwned by La Familia Image
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

Return to “AMV Contests”