Empty Motion

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
StrawberryKiss
Org Profile

Re: Empty Motion

Post by StrawberryKiss » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Downloaded the huge 275MB file so I could see this bad boy on MY 24" monitor. ;3 (we have the same size monitor :up:)

I am happy to have <3

:up: Sexy Masking, Sexy After Effects, Shiny, J-pop |:>, Shiny, Masking, J-pop |:>

:down: ASPECT RATIO! (what a waste! >:) Scene selection

Some scenes were out of place. I liked the use of Haruhi, but you did overuse it a tad. Compared to, like others have said, Eiken did not need to be there. Or anywhere. Eiken...*shudder* Aspect ratio is one of my major pet peeves. Next time you know better. ;3 Thanks for the sexy thing, it's quite inspiring to me since I like technical effect editing. I hope to make something as good in the future. |:>

Kain-x-spirits
Org Profile

Post by Kain-x-spirits » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:34 pm

StrawberryKiss wrote::up: Sexy Masking, Sexy After Effects, Shiny, J-pop |:>, Shiny, Masking, J-pop |:>

+1

4/5 Good job :up:

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:42 pm

this video evokes a *burning rage* in me.
new banzors in the making :p

ice-power
Org Profile

Post by ice-power » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:40 pm

=P I really enjoied this one!

nikolakis
Org Profile

Post by nikolakis » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:08 am

1st I would like to thank everyone for your comments, i didn't think so many ppl would like my work...

2nd After many requested i changed the direct link with a new version with the correct aspect ratio. ( many thanks to Aggressor who spotted some aspect mistakes and checked this version)

Sorry for making this serious mistake but i finished most of these scenes during 2008... and having everyday to cope with the stupid and common crashes of Vegas... all these months i thought i had the preset set to 16:3 on every scene... obviously a crash took these changes away...arf

3d http://img235.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=e ... ect008.jpg

Here you can find a gallery featuring some screen shots from my Vegas project. Take a look if you are interested. ( i added this because some ppl found it hard to accept that i made all these masks using Vegas, so i had to add some prof )
AaronAMV wrote:/gets :o

edit: needs more masking :up:
AaronAMV i am glad you liked it :)
Chiikaboom wrote:It has soul eater.

gettingggg

edit: needs more soul eater and less ef.

But besides that, awesome synchage. Definitely keeping. 5/5 :up:
I tried to avoid adding more scenes from Soul eater being originally an action amv maker i would end up adding many Soul Eater's scenes and going away from the main idea... :s
Chii i am glad you like it and thanks leaving a comment :)
Ishbalan wrote:Getting for 74 sources.
At one point, I had over 100 sources but i decide to reduce them.
Ishbalan i hope you liked it, thanks passing by my topic :)
Pas wrote:That was crazy. So much masking and just so many things in general going on in that video, props for all the effort.

Unfortunately I just couldn't get into it, and as much as I loved the sources you were using it just felt a little off-beat for me. Perhaps it was the song choice which really threw me off, but as much as I appreciated the effort I couldn't really enjoy it. It did pick up somewhat towards the second half, but not enough to change my opinion of it.

4/5 for me, a solid, fun video overall with crazy masking. Good job :up:
Pas thanks commenting even though the video didn't satisfy you :(
LeapofFate wrote:I liked your last video.

/fondles

I have to agree with Pas.

I liked the effort, but I felt no connection with the scenes and the song.
I do applaud you for all that masking. :up:

4/5
Nothing can satisfy everyone and nothing can be perfect ;)
LeapofFate thanks giving me 4 even though you didn't feel ok with this concept ;)
angelx03 wrote:Oooooo, me likey! :up:

/saves
Angelx03 i am glad you liked it
Animated24 wrote:Ok, i've told you once, i'll tell it again. It's awesome. No need to explain. :D

5/5 :up: :up: :up:

And... When you reach 10000 masks, i believe you can then stop... Seriously!
Everytime, I would cut the song to 3:00 so i would avoid the temptation... hehe
Thanks animated24 glad you liked it :)
OropherZero wrote:I liked it, except for the inclusion of that anime with the chick with the inhumane sized boobs, coz it makes my stomach sick. But good stuff 4/5 :up:
I have to admit it... eiken is little extreme... :(
I had trouble finding something to fit there... :(
OropherZero thanks commenting :)
mirkosp wrote:You should have used more Kemeko Deluxe for the sake of what's epic... ;_;
Anyways, I only have 2 complaints with this, really:
1) Get the AR right next time. >_> Seriously, 4:3 isn't supposed to be stretched to 16:9 but cropped and resized to it.
2) Color theory much? I mean, it's a light upbeat video... you are not supposed to have all that black and dark colors in there, you should have brighter shades of warmer colors, perhaps having white instead of black altogether. Keep this in mind, it could have felt more upbeatish if you minded this when editing.
It still is a 5/5 from me, though. :up:
I got this idea, about the Dark backgrounds, while reading Brainless feedback last year. Many people complained the video was really fast... While that video is not really fast, i understood that the tiring element wasn't the speed but the colors. Having many masks at the same frame most people may not be able to follow everything, so the video inevitably becomes something hard to bear...

Up till now, even though Empty is faster, i didn't receive any similar comment.

Mirkosp, thanks giving me 5/5 even though you didn't liked some things about this video :)
Ingow wrote:Fun video, some of the best effects work I've seen in a whole while :up:
mirkosp wrote:2) Color theory much? I mean, it's a light upbeat video... you are not supposed to have all that black and dark colors in there, you should have brighter shades of warmer colors, perhaps having white instead of black altogether. Keep this in mind, it could have felt more upbeatish if you minded this when editing.
I disagree, the colors were some of the best points for me in this video because that's what set it apart from the rest.
Thanks Ingow :)
~MimS~ wrote:The editing is awesome but I feel like Mirkosp about all the black stuffs, bad idea for an upbeat video.
I don't like the song though the lip sync combinated Haruhi and Aya Hirano has a big effect on me :-P.
I didn't really have fun watching it so I just appreciate your editing finally ^^
This would be my last fun amv, so i hope i would satisfy with my next works :)
thx commending :)
Kyssifur wrote:It's only technical knowledge, nothing at all. 4/5 because it has no mood. To me!!
Kyssifur thanks leaving a comment even though you didn't like it :)
Niwa-kun wrote:Fun stuff :)

It was indeed a bit dark for an upbeat video but the colours did it job though. The effects was a bit messy and there were severals of them which didn't really fit my taste although the grunge effect was kinda nice at the beginning. Kudos on the maskings as always :up: (nice seeing a fellow masker ;p)

+ Sync, Masking, Fun

- Aspect Ratio, Visual Effect, Source Connection
60 masks a day keeps the doctor away :)
Thanks Niwa-kun :)
Dn@ wrote:Very cool stuff first time i enjoyed watching this type of vids, too bad for some AR issues that were so noticable |:
Props for the effort so many masks :up:
4.5/5
Thanks Dn@ glad you liked it :)
Kosmit wrote:I really had fun watching this. The dark colours really made this vid look and feel different - and I mean it in a positive way. Big thumbs up :up:
The only thing I didn't like were the attempts at lip sync with scenes from Haruhi at the beginning of the AMV. That was kind of 'meh.
Oh, and the sign at the end should read "Thanks for watching" ^^'
I finished the credits months ago and when i finished all the masking one week ago, i was so hasty to complete the rendering so i didn't pay attention on the last scene :(
I couldn't back up so many gigas so losing the project while having every mask ready would be awful... :(
Kosmit i am glad you liked it :)
Full Metal Sempai wrote:Finally released...
~Opens champagne~
It was 8 months since you first talked to me about this project and boy,I never thought you'd have the patience to complete it.
Watching these 100+ video tracks in Vegas and the 3000 masks was really painful... :? :?
And now you can finally stop talking about what scene to use here and there,what mask to use and what not... :mrgreen:

Anyway,about the video:

The good
+ Very fitting title...truly empty motion from all the girls
+ Amazing job with the colors...the difference between the brightness of each scene was calculated and it was a nice thing watching a dark upbeat video.
+ Kickass editing and a great deal of custom effects.On this note,I can say you're a great thief for stealing scenes from various anime (Code Geass,Shuffle,Clannad,etc.) and use them as backgrounds or effects after altering them a lot.
+ The masking...May I address you now as king of masking,sir? :D
+ my cool stylish name in the credits 8-)

The bad
- a bit too much Haruhi
- the background at the scene of Eiken
- the fact that you almost didn't use Kanon 2006.Thank god I came to your house last week to correct this XD XD

Some general things
You still changed a lot of things since last week.Looks like you couldn't afford to throw away several of the masks you've made all these months and you found a way to toss them somewhere in the video... :mrgreen:

5/5 all the way and opinion coming

ps:Let's focus now on our collab video before I leave for army...
I know i gave you a hard time asking your opinion over so many things (most of them trivial :p ) but i needed a second opinion... i am glad you didn't hit your baka demanding friend :)
nkarafo wrote:So many masks. So many masks. It's an incredible work. I doubt if someone else will surpass you!!!!!!

:-)
i don't really cares who is better, i only hope i would surpass my self next year
Darklydone wrote:Despite being totally swimming in effects, it's very crisp, clean, and shiny! Random as all hell but it's still overall very well done. It made me lulz 7 or 8 times. I liked it, 4/5. :up:
I am glad you liked it Darklydone :)
Aggressor wrote:Man, that was bewitching! How long was it when I last saw something that good? Can't remember. But, with such a good tech comes such a lame mistake: what's wrong with 4:3 footage's aspect ratio? It almost killed my joy at some point. Do a remaster with correct ARs and I'll be your fan forever :mrgreen: Anyway, it's 5/5. Great job, I mean it!
I am a stupid man who first learns how to pilot a jet and then how to land it... :s
Aggressor i am glad you like it :)
Eva-Fan wrote:I've often wondered what it would be like if someone spent a couple of amv's worth of effort into just 1 amv.

This must be the result.

5/5 That was pure awesomesauce. Enjoyable from start to end.
Glad you liked it Eva-Fan :)
I hope my next amv would be even more enjoyable :)
-BL- wrote:Enjoyed this quite a lot.
Besides the screwed up AR at some places, I haven't much to complain.

One of the better vids I've seen this year :up:
Thanks BL glad you liked it :)
AceD wrote:i loved it - will go nicely next to brainless violence on my ipod :D
Thanks AceD :)
elcalavero wrote:By far, The best video Ive seen all year. A worthy keeper. Amazing work. 10/10 :up:
Thanks elcalavero, i am glad you liked it :)
Unitfort wrote:
elcalavero wrote:By far, The best video Ive seen all year. A worthy keeper. Amazing work. 10/10 :up:
x2 :P it was almost interesting that it almost inspired me to quit Mix Martial Arts and put more effort into editing
No don't do that, wait until next year next i am thinking to make something action based :P
Unitfort glad you liked it :)
Koys wrote:5/5 :up:
Koopiskeva wrote:fun stuff |:>
thanks koop :)
ExSphere wrote:welly welly well. This video seemed oddly similar to your brainless violence video by ALOT
same style, same clips, same sources, same problems. That's my biggest complaint with this video.
Also...Making 4:3 into 16:9 never turns out well =( plz be concious of what sources you use next time.
speaking of sources....there were 2 sources I didnt enjoy seeing. Lucky Star, and Haruhi
seriously STOP IT, We've all seen the dance movements with those characters FAR too many times.
Its as original as a Naruto and Sasuke amv -_-

On the flip side this is a fantastic improvement on your last video ( with effects )
You seem to be more concentrated with what you were doing and I couldnt find any fuck ups with your masks :up:
Your editing too was more interesting and engaging, and your transitions were smooth as could be.
I plan to re-watch this later tonight under the influence for a nice trip =)
4/5

EDIT: rewatching this a couple of times...If you continue to put this much effort into your video's you might be able to be the new Hito
About lucky Star and Haruhi i used them because i wont get any other chance using them again, i don't want to make 3 years in a raw something comedy-fun... i am planing to make something 100% different next year... the extreme masking would definitely remain but with a serious concept for a change :)
ExSphere i am glad you liked it :)
Next time no aspect mistakes i am planing using only 16:3 footage...
West DM wrote:Great Video! :up:
Thanks West DM :)
VIDOK wrote::up: :up: :up: :up:
I am glad you liked it :)
StrawberryKiss wrote:Downloaded the huge 275MB file so I could see this bad boy on MY 24" monitor. ;3 (we have the same size monitor :up:)

I am happy to have <3

:up: Sexy Masking, Sexy After Effects, Shiny, J-pop |:>, Shiny, Masking, J-pop |:>

Some scenes were out of place. I liked the use of Haruhi, but you did overuse it a tad. Compared to, like others have said, Eiken did not need to be there. Or anywhere. Eiken...*shudder* Aspect ratio is one of my major pet peeves. Next time you know better. ;3 Thanks for the sexy thing, it's quite inspiring to me since I like technical effect editing. I hope to make something as good in the future. |:>
To be honest i removed many Haruhi scenes... ( i want my wasted masks back... hehe)
Thanks for commenting i am glad you liked it :)
Kain-x-spirits wrote:
StrawberryKiss wrote::up: Sexy Masking, Sexy After Effects, Shiny, J-pop |:>, Shiny, Masking, J-pop |:>

+1

4/5 Good job :up:
thanks Kain-x-spirits :)
Autraya wrote:this video evokes a *burning rage* in me.
Autraya reading your comment i couldnt tell if you liked it or not... :s
Even though leaving comment :)
ice-power wrote:=P I really enjoied this one!
Thanks ice-power, i am glad you liked it :)
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:43 am

nikolakis wrote:
mirkosp wrote:You should have used more Kemeko Deluxe for the sake of what's epic... ;_;
Anyways, I only have 2 complaints with this, really:
1) Get the AR right next time. >_> Seriously, 4:3 isn't supposed to be stretched to 16:9 but cropped and resized to it.
2) Color theory much? I mean, it's a light upbeat video... you are not supposed to have all that black and dark colors in there, you should have brighter shades of warmer colors, perhaps having white instead of black altogether. Keep this in mind, it could have felt more upbeatish if you minded this when editing.
It still is a 5/5 from me, though. :up:
I got this idea, about the Dark backgrounds, while reading Brainless feedback last year. Many people complained the video was really fast... While that video is not really fast, i understood that the tiring element wasn't the speed but the colors. Having many masks at the same frame most people may not be able to follow everything, so the video inevitably becomes something hard to bear...

Up till now, even though Empty is faster, i didn't receive any similar comment.

Mirkosp, thanks giving me 5/5 even though you didn't liked some things about this video :)
I'll admit it, that's a good point you have there.
But well, at least I'm coherent, since I never said that Brainless Violence was too fast (as you should know, I liked that one a lot too). :P

Also, thanks for making a fixed AR version. :D
/is downloading

EDIT: FMP still had some wrong AR. :(
Oh well.

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:20 am

great jarb mr! :D :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Shinzo
Org Profile

Post by Shinzo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 am

VERY crazzyy :up:
noooo.. SONY VEGASSSS 8.0 :shock:
you crazyyyy. :mrgreen:

whispersreloaded
Org Profile

Post by whispersreloaded » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Well-done eye candy XD :up: not my particularly favorite genre, but without a doubt, well done and fun to watch.
[Asylum | Studios]

wyspa
Org Profile

Post by wyspa » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:14 am

I Liked it :D
Will probably be replayed a lot of times ;).

Wants more :3

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”