Empty Motion

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Ingow
Org Profile

Re: Empty Motion

Post by Ingow » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:45 am

Fun video, some of the best effects work I've seen in a whole while :up:
mirkosp wrote:2) Color theory much? I mean, it's a light upbeat video... you are not supposed to have all that black and dark colors in there, you should have brighter shades of warmer colors, perhaps having white instead of black altogether. Keep this in mind, it could have felt more upbeatish if you minded this when editing.
I disagree, the colors were some of the best points for me in this video because that's what set it apart from the rest.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:48 am

The editing is awesome but I feel like Mirkosp about all the black stuffs, bad idea for an upbeat video.
I don't like the song though the lip sync combinated Haruhi and Aya Hirano has a big effect on me :-P.
I didn't really have fun watching it so I just appreciate your editing finally ^^

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:10 am

It's only technical knowledge, nothing at all. 4/5 because it has no mood. To me!!
we are awesome

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:38 am

Fun stuff :)

It was indeed a bit dark for an upbeat video but the colours did it job though. The effects was a bit messy and there were severals of them which didn't really fit my taste although the grunge effect was kinda nice at the beginning. Kudos on the maskings as always :up: (nice seeing a fellow masker ;p)

+ Sync, Masking, Fun

- Aspect Ratio, Visual Effect, Source Connection

Dn@
Org Profile

Post by Dn@ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:46 am

Very cool stuff first time i enjoyed watching this type of vids, too bad for some AR issues that were so noticable |:
Props for the effort so many masks :up:

4.5/5

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:48 am

I really had fun watching this. The dark colours really made this vid look and feel different - and I mean it in a positive way. Big thumbs up :up:
The only thing I didn't like were the attempts at lip sync with scenes from Haruhi at the beginning of the AMV. That was kind of 'meh.
Oh, and the sign at the end should read "Thanks for watching" ^^'

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 am

Finally released...
~Opens champagne~
It was 8 months since you first talked to me about this project and boy,I never thought you'd have the patience to complete it.
Watching these 100+ video tracks in Vegas and the 3000 masks was really painful... :? :?
And now you can finally stop talking about what scene to use here and there,what mask to use and what not... :mrgreen:

Anyway,about the video:

The good
+ Very fitting title...truly empty motion from all the girls
+ Amazing job with the colors...the difference between the brightness of each scene was calculated and it was a nice thing watching a dark upbeat video.
+ Kickass editing and a great deal of custom effects.On this note,I can say you're a great thief for stealing scenes from various anime (Code Geass,Shuffle,Clannad,etc.) and use them as backgrounds or effects after altering them a lot.
+ The masking...May I address you now as king of masking,sir? :D
+ my cool stylish name in the credits 8-)

The bad
- a bit too much Haruhi
- the background at the scene of Eiken
- the fact that you almost didn't use Kanon 2006.Thank god I came to your house last week to correct this XD XD

Some general things
You still changed a lot of things since last week.Looks like you couldn't afford to throw away several of the masks you've made all these months and you found a way to toss them somewhere in the video... :mrgreen:

5/5 all the way and opinion coming

ps:Let's focus now on our collab video before I leave for army...

nkarafo
Org Profile

Post by nkarafo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:57 am

So many masks. So many masks. It's an incredible work. I doubt if someone else will surpass you!!!!!!

:-)

Darklydone
Org Profile

Post by Darklydone » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Despite being totally swimming in effects, it's very crisp, clean, and shiny! Random as all hell but it's still overall very well done. It made me lulz 7 or 8 times. I liked it, 4/5. :up:
The one legged space chicken is after me again.

Aggressor
Org Profile

Post by Aggressor » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:10 am

Man, that was bewitching! How long was it when I last saw something that good? Can't remember. But, with such a good tech comes such a lame mistake: what's wrong with 4:3 footage's aspect ratio? It almost killed my joy at some point. Do a remaster with correct ARs and I'll be your fan forever :mrgreen: Anyway, it's 5/5. Great job, I mean it!
Will you kill someone you love, because of love?

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”