CSUN AMV Contest Question (Need Feedback)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:05 am

What you could do is this: Film the first few seconds and the last few seconds of the video, in between film shots of the audience. Then when editing it down you could show the first and last few seconds of the videos and the most remarkable audience reactions while the video is playing (thus not all of them) and include a subtitle telling you which video is playing at that moment. At the end of the video you could show the reaction. ... I hope that made sense.

That would considerably shorten your video length and make it a worthwhile watch for the general audience ... Just a thought.

BTW. I'd still love to see the whole thing.

Good luck on recording and editing, I'll be watching this video before I look at the results so I hope the big video will be done fast, any idea when that will be done (seeing as it hardly has any editing)?
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:45 am

Well..IF I make two versions that may be a problem...lol...

But I think I may do one full length version and a version for general audiences that's editing...Maybe what Paul suggested would be a good idea...

Vlad: I'll give you a copy of the full version if you'd like... :wink: ....Ohhh...By the way...This is somewhat out of the blue and a bit random but do you rememebr me at the AX 2002 gathering?...I was the one without the sharpy pen labeled CD's....Also resulting with Brad Demoss yelling at me for a moment in a bit of humor...Heh....

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:15 am

Ikasu wrote:Well..IF I make two versions that may be a problem...lol...

But I think I may do one full length version and a version for general audiences that's editing...Maybe what Paul suggested would be a good idea...

Vlad: I'll give you a copy of the full version if you'd like... :wink: ....Ohhh...By the way...This is somewhat out of the blue and a bit random but do you rememebr me at the AX 2002 gathering?...I was the one without the sharpy pen labeled CD's....Also resulting with Brad Demoss yelling at me for a moment in a bit of humor...Heh....
thanks, and I can give you a copy of the first DDR documentary full version as well!

Vlad

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:35 pm

Let me be one to say I am absolutely thrilled that you guys are doing this for us. I've always wanted to see a crowd reaction for my stuff 8)

If you need any help compression wise, then feel free to aim me as I know a lot about Xvid compression and whatnot. Oh and by the way, record the whole thing!

:)

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:55 pm

You know what would be really l33t is if you had the actual amv playing in a window in the lower right hand corner. ^_^ a pain...sure, but very l33t.

~klinky

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:32 pm

I can't wait to see this. :D I think what Klinky suggested would be very l33t indeed, just to make sure we can really see the video being played clearly and everything. And rather than a shorter cut version, I would personally like to see the whole contest. 8)
ImageImage

PhReAkAzOiD187
Org Profile

Post by PhReAkAzOiD187 » Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:33 am

for the finalists who were to recieve the tapes of the reactions. i think a full video would be cool, i know i'd love a full tape of everything. that way i'd get to see what all was there, i haven't seen hardly any of the videos that were entered and judged. by the way, how are you sending them out to the finalists? i was under the impression that a tape was actually sent to you. at least that's what koop told me.
Men fight because they enter into insanity, the weapons they use are just amplifiers to increase that insanity.

<a href=http://www.entropy-studios.com>-=Entropy Studios=-</a> -In the blink of an eye

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:30 am

indeed I would be nice to see the whole contest, even though I didn't make the finalist, I still want to see the contest.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:36 am

PhReAkAzOiD187 wrote:for the finalists who were to recieve the tapes of the reactions. i think a full video would be cool, i know i'd love a full tape of everything. that way i'd get to see what all was there, i haven't seen hardly any of the videos that were entered and judged. by the way, how are you sending them out to the finalists? i was under the impression that a tape was actually sent to you. at least that's what koop told me.
You fool! I never said anything about a tape being sent. :O
/me counters.

Return to “AMV Contests”