Pasteing clips in Premiere Pro CS4 can suck my lolipop

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Pasteing clips in Premiere Pro CS4 can suck my lolipop

Post by Bauzi » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Ok there are two things that piss me off in Premiere Pro CS 4. I'm really fine with the rest, but issue #2 gets on my nerves.

#1 The help file system sucks ass. I don't want to get in detail, but the help file doesn't do it as well :roll:

#2 When I paste a clip into a composition or drag it into a composition it creates a new layer or puts the clip in one certain video layer. At least it doesn't paste it into the layer that I've selected. How can I change it? It's such a nasty default setting that raelly makes me mad >_>
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Pasteing clips in Premiere Pro CS4 can suck my lolipop

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Still using pro 1.5 here, but I thought that you had to click the video layer tab (not the timeline) on the very left (of the timeline window), and then clips are pasted into that selected layer at the timeline marker's position.

You probably already knew that, but it's the only thing that comes to mind

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Yeah I switched from 1.5 to CS4.

Thx, but I already knew it.

Uhm now I know what's wrong:
He only pastes the clip into the layer where the clip is comeing from. So if the clip is in layer 2 than he will always copy it to layer 2. Even if it's not selected.
When the clips was in a different comp in layer 5 and you copy it into a 4 layer big comp... well it will generate the 5th layer for the clip.

What bullshit =/
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:18 am

I don't see how the help file isn't good enough, honestly, it seems pretty detailed to me: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/4.0/
As for the issue #2...yeah, I have to admit that is a lame thing of CS4. I thought it was a bug or something due to the fact that I have the beta version, but apparently, it's still there in the final version, from what you say. A shame, I guess. :(
But I like a lot the new things of it, so I guess I can let this slide, personally. >_>

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:03 am

@mirkosp: The help file is bad. When I hover something because I wanted to know the name of the function and than search for this keyword and get no results than it's a bad help file. There often doesn't even stand the default hotkeys in it :? (I know that I can look them up in the programm itself, but it's annoying.

When I think about the helpfiles of my After Effects than there is a good difference between them in quality.

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:23 am

my copy doesn't do this. did you get the updates?

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:56 pm

No. I always abort them. I think I should get 'em :|

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:40 pm

installing the updates for version 4.1.0 "fixed" it. Thanks for the suggestion :D

Return to “Adobe Software”