Adobe Premiere...How do I change these settings?

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Unitfort
Org Profile

Adobe Premiere...How do I change these settings?

Post by Unitfort » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:36 am

Is there any possible way to change a Premiere setting so when I drag a clip on the timeline , it does so normally..instead of dragging a clip and it shows 2 instances of it..1 instance being the the video clip itself, another instance being a afterimage or ghost of the clip...This a worthless feature and I would like it gone. :( . I want to be able the drag a clip itself, not some afterimage..

Also I would like to know how to be able to make fade in or outs in clips just by dragging on the clips edge/corner if at all possible(like sony vegas).

One more question, but I know this must have no solution..... Whenever I click on the timeline, the marker/line doesnt move, I have to click above the timeline in order to position the marker/line where I want....is there any possible way to change this?,, This also applies to AE and its making me crazy.

Thanks in advance. :sweat:

blabbler
Org Profile

Re: Adobe Premiere...How do I change these settings?

Post by blabbler » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:22 pm

welcome to the wonderful world of crappy adobe interfaces.

look on the bright side - it's not as bad as flash.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Sounds like you should go back to Vegas. :?
... yea ...

Unitfort
Org Profile

Post by Unitfort » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:18 pm

blabbler wrote:welcome to the wonderful world of crappy adobe interfaces.

look on the bright side - it's not as bad as flash.
So I guessing there are no solutions for these problems?
LivingFlame wrote:Sounds like you should go back to Vegas. :?
I use ADOBE AE and PS, might as well use there Editing program as well...

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:55 pm

The first issue you are talking about (the ghosting) is due to the frame blend. Right click > uncheck the "Frame Blend" option or however it's called (don't remember exactly).

The second thing... there is no auto-fade feature in premiere, gotta do those manually, either by lowering the opacity of the top clip or by using the crossfade transition.

Yeah... that's how the program is, can't really do anything about that. You'll eventually get used to this, and I actually like the fact that the marker doesn't move if I just click on the timeline.

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:57 pm

^
Judging from the way the OP was talking, I believe the first issue he was referring to was simply the fact that when you drag a clip through Premiere's timeline, it doesn't actually move the clip until you let go of the mouse – it just moves around a shadow of the clip. Vegas, on the other hand, physically moves the clip as it's dragged.

That can't be changed, as far as I'm aware. I've always found that AE and PS integrate just fine with Vegas myself, albeit not as seamlessly as it does with Premiere. Regardless, given a little bit of time, you'll get used to the way Premiere handles and you might even find you like it more than Vegas at some point.
... yea ...

Return to “Adobe Software”