JACON 2009 has "The Touch!"

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Verses
Org Profile

Re: JACON 2009 has "The Touch!"

Post by Verses » Tue May 26, 2009 8:48 am

I walked in during the event... Then noticed they were showing a 5 minute long video of these game characters preforming special attacks, then I left.

SaitoXD
Org Profile

Post by SaitoXD » Tue May 26, 2009 11:51 pm

I think the people running the amv contest were like blind or couldnt count cause that video showing a games fight moves with music lasted about 10 mins and im quite sure they had a video length restriction

Stryyder
Org Profile

Post by Stryyder » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Damn, sad I missed Stan, that would have been great.

As to the harsh speak against Brad, hate to be a rules nazi but it simply states you have to have a "membership for Jacon" it does not state you must be in attendance to win. Pretty common for out of state editors to submit to conventions they can't go to. And I'm sure the reason he wasn't able to go is because he lives here in California. But I may be biased because I've met him, he's a good guy.
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room Manager 2014-
Anime Expo: Tabletop Game Room staff 2010-2013
Anime California: AMV Staff 2019-
Anime Conji: AMV Staff 2014-2015
Anime Vegas: AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2013

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:30 pm

Stryyder wrote:Damn, sad I missed Stan, that would have been great.

As to the harsh speak against Brad, hate to be a rules nazi but it simply states you have to have a "membership for Jacon" it does not state you must be in attendance to win. Pretty common for out of state editors to submit to conventions they can't go to. And I'm sure the reason he wasn't able to go is because he lives here in California. But I may be biased because I've met him, he's a good guy.
That's sounds really out of the way, spending $45 just to get an AMV into a contest(and not be there), lol. I wonder if they even do check, 'cause I've heard some places have that rule, but they really don't check for pre-registers.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:08 pm

I guess the real question is... why troll JACON?

Return to “Anime Conventions”