How do I... mask in AE? (gosh u must think im stupid!)

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
DarkEclipseStudios
Org Profile

How do I... mask in AE? (gosh u must think im stupid!)

Post by DarkEclipseStudios » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:14 am

Ok so I have AE CS4 and so what I do is I mask around my character, but how to I add another keyframe so the mask moves around the character? For some reason in the Animation-->add keyframe thing isn't there when I need it the most!

DarkEclipseStudios
Org Profile

Re: How do I... mask in AE? (gosh u must think im stupid!)

Post by DarkEclipseStudios » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:20 am

DarkEclipseStudios wrote:Ok so I have AE CS4 and so what I do is I mask around my character, but how to I add another keyframe so the mask moves around the character? For some reason in the Animation-->add keyframe thing isn't there when I need it the most!
O ya I just got AE today so please don't think im too stupid!

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 am

you select the layer with the mask on it and hit m to bring up the mask path keyframe track. click the stopwatch to activate keyframing. pressing mm quickly brings up all the mask properties for feathering and stuff.

you should check in your preferences that preserve vertex count is on. adding or removing vertices from an animated path is asking for trouble. use as few points on each path as you can, and break everything down into the simplest shapes you can find.

DarkEclipseStudios
Org Profile

Post by DarkEclipseStudios » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:10 pm

blabbler wrote:you select the layer with the mask on it and hit m to bring up the mask path keyframe track. click the stopwatch to activate keyframing. pressing mm quickly brings up all the mask properties for feathering and stuff.

you should check in your preferences that preserve vertex count is on. adding or removing vertices from an animated path is asking for trouble. use as few points on each path as you can, and break everything down into the simplest shapes you can find.
GOT IT!!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!! ^_^

Return to “Adobe Software”