New feature: Streaming Video

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: New feature: Streaming Video

Post by Scintilla » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:54 am

Kevmaster wrote:I don't know if that has been mentioned before, but I think one shouldn't be able to leave an opinion after having only watched the preview.

How are you gonna rate the visual and audio quality? It's just a preview file, if you don't download the original video file you wouldn't know about it.

I think downloading should be necessary in order to OP the video.
On the other hand, this will finally give people who've seen the video already at a con or on a CD from a friend or via a file-sharing utility or however else you can think of a way to leave an opinion without actually downloading the whole thing, which is what I've been hollering for ever since the "must DL the local version, if available, to leave an op" rule was instituted.

Now how to advertise that fact...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:55 am

A super search related option has been added to return only videos that have previews available.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sat May 02, 2009 7:03 am

Fantastic feature!

If this doesn't get more people donating, I don't know what will. I mean, sure, the boochsackers probably won't convert, but to users who visit this site regularly, this adds real value.

Thumbs up to all involved in implementing this.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Sat May 02, 2009 9:24 am

This'll make looking for a good video not a chore anymore. By good I mean checking really quick to see if it's a video I may like.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun May 03, 2009 2:38 am

I was thinking if it would be possible to add to the streaming video page an 'Add to my Alerts' button. Yes, I know it's very boochsackish, but it puts the Alerts system to more use and more Alerts = more people watching AMVs and keeping track of AMVs on this site. Also, it would be nice if the same option was added to the Star Ratings that appear on the main members page.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu May 14, 2009 1:16 pm

LittleAtari wrote:I was thinking if it would be possible to add to the streaming video page an 'Add to my Alerts' button. Yes, I know it's very boochsackish, but it puts the Alerts system to more use and more Alerts = more people watching AMVs and keeping track of AMVs on this site. Also, it would be nice if the same option was added to the Star Ratings that appear on the main members page.
After rating the video it will now display a link to add the user to your alerts.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Fri May 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Corran wrote: After rating the video it will now display a link to add the user to your alerts.
Thank you Corran :D

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Fri May 22, 2009 3:50 am

Gaurry_no_blond wrote:its time to rename: a-m-v.org => <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... ck</a>.org

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:54 pm

i know im late to the party but thanks this is awesome, i have something to do at work now.J/k
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Samuru21
Org Profile

Post by Samuru21 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:26 pm

this is awesome.... :up:
Yeah i guess so....

Return to “Site Announcements”