Adobe Premiere Doesn't Work...(details)

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
SketchH
Org Profile

Adobe Premiere Doesn't Work...(details)

Post by SketchH » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:55 pm

I'm having a problem with adobe premiere elements. I enjoy working with all the new effects and it looks great when I view it in the edit window, however, I have 2 MAJOR problems when it comes to exporting the video. The export truley just gives me 2 exporting formats that I can thus far tell, and both destroy the quality of the video with discoloring, pixilating, etc. Even further, though it will play fine on my computer, if I take it to any other computer or try to upload it to another, it won't work and actually acts as if it has a glitch and run-time error. But, then I play it on my computer again (where it was made), and it's fine. Maybe I'm using the program wrong. I need some help.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate your help. Take Care.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
~Edmund Burke

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Re: Adobe Premiere Doesn't Work...(details)

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Not having messed w/ Elements (I'm still using Premiere 6.0), I don't know if there's an option for uncompressed. If there is, then export to that, then use VirtualDub to shrink it down to the format of your choice. Be warned, however, that the uncompressed file will be HUGE (probably 2-3gb).

As for playing on another PC, they may not have the proper codecs installed.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:09 pm

bingo :!:

. Magix ( AiST ), Adobe and Avid are better than Sony but, all have a limit in Exporting.
These editors "all" have the option of Encoding Directly to DVD; use THAT function.

It is a common problem. Codec's and video editors for the most part do not get along with each other.
MKvMUX, MP4encode, Virtual Dub and others are designed to take advantage of High-Compression; editors are not!

Save your project on a DVD in a DVD Format and let the Encoders designed to Rip and Encode
do the Final Step for you.

:up:

SketchH
Org Profile

Post by SketchH » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:24 pm

Thank you. I'll do that. :D
~Edmund Burke

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 pm

I also am having problems with Adobe Premiere Elements (7.0).

I'm using the "Share - Personal Computer" option, saving the movie as an MPEG-2 (the onlu mpeg option it gives me, but the quality is good). The problem is regardless of the quality setting I put it on (1-5, 5 being Best), the file always comes out at 135MB.

I have yet to find an option that let's you decide the file size.

Any ideas?

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Mon May 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Okay, I found the option of sharing directly to the internet. I was able to put in the Org's server address and all that jazz. On the highest setting, it claims the video will be 16MB. Let's just pray that the video quality is good. If not, I'll have to think of something else (and remove the bad quality video from the Org. Ay chiuahua).

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Yeah, definitely a bad idea - The share directly to internet option saves it as an FLV, of which the video comes out looking foggy and slightly pixellated. Boogers...

So yeah, I definitely need some advice.

JediNight
Org Profile

Post by JediNight » Mon May 11, 2009 8:34 pm

I haven't used Elements before. You may have to just save it out as like the best quality Mpeg2 you can. Then use Virtualdub with AVS to encode it to H264 or such for the Org.
Nick Fox
Anime Central AMV Contest Coordinator

SketchH
Org Profile

Post by SketchH » Mon May 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Hmm...I'll have to give that a try. I'll have to download VitualDub first, though.
~Edmund Burke

Return to “Adobe Software”