Does anyone here go to ACen?

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
chui101
Org Profile

Re: Does anyone here go to ACen?

Post by chui101 » Fri May 08, 2009 3:11 am

I'm there, beyotches! Saw ngsilver setting up the AMV room a bit earlier. The AMV room looks... quite cozy.

Anyway, did we ever decide on a .org meetup?
Cyber Ninja Productions - http://www.devilsbsd.net

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Fri May 08, 2009 7:13 pm

chui101 wrote:I'm there, beyotches! Saw ngsilver setting up the AMV room a bit earlier. The AMV room looks... quite cozy.

Anyway, did we ever decide on a .org meetup?
Don't know if anyone decided on a meet up, but just follow the AMVs :D. I know a bunch of us already attended the contest earlier today. Try catching people at Koop and Atom's Top 10 Indie Vids or the Iron Editor.

I had to leave early today (I'm already home :( ). In general, I'm just popping in and out through the weekend since I got other stuff going on. I'm not 100% sure if I'm coming tomorrow yet.

Undo
Org Profile

Post by Undo » Sun May 10, 2009 4:21 pm

I had a good time, enjoyed my time in the AMV room this weekend. No one asked but here's what I thought of what I was able to catch:

Anime Central's 2009 Music Video Contest: Saw the first half of this on Friday morning, had to leave to go to a different panel on time, but was able to catch the 2nd half on Saturday night. Great stuff, only 1 video in the entire show that I didn't enjoy. Excellent choices and a great presentation. I wasn't able to attend on Sunday so I don't know who won, hopefully it had a good turnout.

Awesomecore: Walked into this late on Friday and didn't understand exactly what I was watching on the screen but I guess that's the point, isn't it. Need to hunt some of these down (anywhere I could get a list?) to make sure I didn't just imagine it all.

How to Create AMVs: So here's the #1 panel at the entire convention that I wanted to attend. Since I last came to ACEN 5 years ago (where I attended an AMV q&a session) I've been broke and penniless and cursed by broken computers and other frustrations, putting my quest to start making AMVs on indefinite hiatus. But behold, 2009 has been kind to me and I'm ready to get started. Maybe this panel could help inspire me, or at least help me avoid any foolish mistakes early on?

15 minutes passed and it still hadn't begun. What happened? The hosts of Awesomecore (surely on this board, probably in this thread too -- sorry, I'm a lurker and don't know anyone here) did their best to jump in and rescue it and to answer questions from the audience, but I was left with the feeling that there was supposed to be more to it this time. Maybe not a step-by-step demonstration on the screen, but... well, maybe that was what I was hoping for. Instead it was kind of a retread of what I remember from 5 years ago, which was "Log onto a-m-v.org and look for the guides," which is helpful in itself but overall I didn't get much out of this panel. Sorry. :|

Koop and Adam's Top 10 Indie Vids: This was a really enjoyable hour. Just fun to sit and listen to panelists talk about AMVs they like, especially when they're off the beaten path like those 10 (or 12, whatever). This is the sort of thing I've been waiting for for a long time. I did my best to write them down but I may have missed some. Oh well.

Iron Editor: This wasn't a big priority of mine to catch and I only dropped in to kill an hour before going to the Studio Ghibli panel (which I left after less than a minute after seeing how crowded it was -- why run this in the smallest room possible?) but this turned out to be one of the most fun hours of the con for me. It felt like a big party. The hosts were great and it was great to sit and just take it all in with so many other people at once. I wasn't able to stay until the very end but if I'm able to make it again next year, this will probably be a must-see for me.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun May 10, 2009 9:25 pm

I only got to pop in on Friday and saw quite a few Org editors at the AMV contest on Friday, but since that was the only day my sister was going to be there, I went around with her for the day, so I didn't get to hang out with anyone much. I got home later on Friday on to just crash and be sick for the rest of the weekend, missing all of Acen :(. Maybe next year.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun May 10, 2009 11:13 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 9#p1234859 <-- list of winners

Hope those of you who made it to mine and Jay's panel enjoyed it :o
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon May 11, 2009 3:07 am

Undo wrote:Awesomecore: Walked into this late on Friday and didn't understand exactly what I was watching on the screen but I guess that's the point, isn't it. Need to hunt some of these down (anywhere I could get a list?) to make sure I didn't just imagine it all.
I don't remember helping much of the How to Make AMVs panel, but maybe one of the other awesomecoresters came back for that. I can provide the awesomecore list for you though:

Come Sail Away Tylor by Waldo
Schism Of The Epistle To Dippy by Fall_Child42
War Is Hell by Kitsuner (me!)
RPBP: MAMA by Otohiko
It's Been Broughten by Batto!
The Butler's Box Social by MrPilkington
Urban Suite by trythil
Tomorrow Might Be Better Than Tomorrow by Tsunami Jones
Stanford Prison Experiment by Dork457
3-2-1-0 by Big Big Truck
OMG STANGER CAN THIS BE WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE WHEN NOTHING SAYS LOVIN LIKE SEX WITH AN OVEN???????????????????? by HungryCrackPot
One-Winged Remix by kaijin_phoenixlord
It Doesn't Matter by dcdeveloperx, Brsrk, Koopiskeva, Pwolf, SnhKnives, and burntoast
Die Biene Maja by angelx03 (from THEEND)
Mal by gypsy, Decoy, and Paas]-[aas
TotoroMAD by some Japanese guy
End by piiiiii

Awesomecore Overflow (shown while waiting for the next panelist):
Tant Mossie by Kristyrat (from MEEVRARP)
The Way It Is by badmartialarts (from MSTRB80s)
Ishod by Sergeewitch (I can't find the link for the uncensored version, but this is the version we showed at the panel.)
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Well, since my saturday & sunday schedule was booked with panels and other events, the only AMV thing I attended was the contest held on Sunday. :(

Other than that, MOVE concert was great. Feel sorry for those who missed it. I don't understand why they only performed on friday. Previous acens always had musical guests perform on both friday and saturday but this acen only 1 concert performance. Who knows, there might have been a good reason. :cry:

But ya... I had a great time overall. Hope that goes for everyone else here who attended at the con. :up:

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Mon May 11, 2009 1:13 pm

Brad wrote:http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 9#p1234859 <-- list of winners

Hope those of you who made it to mine and Jay's panel enjoyed it :o
Sup, Adam.
Hi.

KidEgo
Org Profile

Post by KidEgo » Mon May 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Kariudo wrote:Only n00bs go to that con
Hmmm, from what I've seen on YouTube, it looks like a blast to go to, and I wish I had the money to fly out to Illinois so I could go too.
All my haters:I'm awesome, and you're just jealous and biased elitists. Fuck you very much.
And I still say CASSHERN SINS SUCKS ASS!!!!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue May 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Epic con/panels were epic :up:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “Anime Conventions”