Anime Central 2009 AMV Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: Anime Central 2009 AMV Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines

Post by ngsilver » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 pm

One final reminder that Entry submissions will close in little over 1 hour, as well as FTP requests. You still have 25 more hours to submit the video via FTP.
ImageImageImageImage

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:39 pm

psst, need to re-upload |:
Hi.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Another decent batch of the recent uploads is processed. Please got the contest site and check your status. If you are flagged with DQ you will need to re-submit; contact me with any questions. Once the automatic FTP request option closes (you no longer see the request ftp button) you will have to e-mail acen@ngsilver.com with your video's entry # and tell him you need an FTP account for a re-submission.

Some videos are not flagged as DQ but the problem found flag is set so you can see the comment box. I may have turned that on because I noticed something I wanted to ask you or let you know about. Please contact me directly to discuss it and then I'll turn off the problem flag.

DQ entries from this point have a VERY short window to get us a fixed video or contact me.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 am

outlawed wrote:DQ entries from this point have a VERY short window to get us a fixed video or contact me.
Video Status: Un-viewed

:cry:

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:30 am

The file name you guys requested has ' : ' in it. This is invalid in a file name for XP.

So instead of:
116_-_Noor_Ata_-_Advent_Crisis_-_The_Matrix:_Reloaded_-_Theatrical_Trailer_-_Final_Fantasy_VII:_Advent_Children_-_Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII_-_none

my file name is:
116_-_Noor_Ata_-_Advent_Crisis_-_The_Matrix:_Reloaded_-_Theatrical_Trailer_-_Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children_-_Crisis_Core_Final_Fantasy_VII_-_none

Is it just going to process slower or should I try to rename it in the directory when it finishes uploading?

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 am

LittleAtari wrote:my file name is:
116_-_Noor_Ata_-_Advent_Crisis_-_The_Matrix:_Reloaded_-_Theatrical_Trailer_-_Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children_-_Crisis_Core_Final_Fantasy_VII_-_none
You left a colon in there.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:10 am

meleechampion wrote:
outlawed wrote:DQ entries from this point have a VERY short window to get us a fixed video or contact me.
Video Status: Un-viewed
The FTP is getting hammered anything uploaded yesterday has not even been downloaded by me yet. I'll be processing a lot more tonight.

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:11 am

LittleAtari wrote:The file name you guys requested has ' : ' in it. This is invalid in a file name for XP.

So instead of:
116_-_Noor_Ata_-_Advent_Crisis_-_The_Matrix:_Reloaded_-_Theatrical_Trailer_-_Final_Fantasy_VII:_Advent_Children_-_Crisis_Core:_Final_Fantasy_VII_-_none

my file name is:

Is it just going to process slower or should I try to rename it in the directory when it finishes uploading?

The system automatically generates the name based on what you put in the entry fields. This helps save us all time. If there is a character like ":" that is illegal for filenaming purposes then just remove that character. That will not slow down processing or checking of your video.

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:02 am

outlawed wrote:The FTP is getting hammered anything uploaded yesterday has not even been downloaded by me yet. I'll be processing a lot more tonight.
:mrgreen: :up:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:43 am

For those still seeing the Un-viewed status all this means is that no one has gotten to your video to update it's status yet. Often I go through and change the status to entry form received after I have viewed it. However I have been busy between moving/unpacking and making sure FTP requests go out as quickly as possible, and just haven't had the extra time to change that status for you. However rest assured as long as you can even see your status that the entry form is in the database and the information is available for us to work with. As for Video received and Video checked, that will all depend on how quickly Outlawed can get the videos off of the server after you close the account. I do a quick check of all videos before I OK them to be moved off the server and close the account, so if there was a problem with your video I would notify you. Basically, just like in Linux/Unix, no contact is a good thing.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Contests”