Anime Central 2009 AMV Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
outlawed
Org Profile

Re: Anime Central 2009 AMV Contest Rules & Submission Guidelines

Post by outlawed » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:59 pm

A lot more entries have been processed. Visit http://contests.ngsilver.com/login.htm to check your status.

A reminder about the rules and formatting requirements. Failure to adhere to them will be result in a disqualification. If you do not understand the rules then you are not ready to submit.

We are now just a few days away from the submission due date. Tomorrow (Friday 17th) will be the last day I give notice about re-submissions.

Please check your files carefully before submitting them. If you use Windows XP I recommend making sure they playback in media player classic. You should also double check your encoded video and audio stream for formatting requirements. It's easy to check off a wrong option so don't trust your eyes on playback. Use a utility or program to check output stream's formatting. Then watch your video 2-3 times to make certain you are satisfied there are no errors.

The most common mistakes people have made this year:
1) Audio not at 48 kHz sampling frequency
2) Incorrect video frame sizes (note that MPEG-2 & MPEG-4 have different size requirements)
3) Incorrect frame rates
4) Authored DVD Video discs

MPEG-2 rules have not changed since last year so there should not be surprises.

We do not disqualify for improper handling of interlaced footage but it is something that factors into judging and video quality. Last year there were very few videos with interlacing artifacts. There has been an increase in videos with this issue this year. Hopefully we can help address any questions at the AMV creation panel. If not you can look me up in the AMV room. I'm always more than happy to talk tech.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Remember, it is in the rules and re-affirmed in the email you receive with your FTP account information. Only 1 video will be allowed to be sent via any account. All other files other then that 1 file and an sfv or md5 for that vid will be deleted without warning. I've had this happen a few times already and I thought before you all get angry that we didn't receive your entries I would remind you of this fact.

Also, we will/can NOT do anything with your uploaded entry until you close the account. I see quite a few videos waiting around to be sent off to Outlawed, but until those accounts are closed they will just sit on the server.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:37 am

As has been promised, I will be taking the FTP server offline shortly and moving it to another location.

I expect the downtime of the server to be no more then 6 hours from this posting.

I will however post another announcement when the server is back online.
ImageImageImageImage

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:55 am

oh? i thought they were down already cause i haven't been able to access the website for like two weeks... apparently, "It works!" :P

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:14 pm

ngsilver wrote:Remember, it is in the rules and re-affirmed in the email you receive with your FTP account information. Only 1 video will be allowed to be sent via any account. All other files other then that 1 file and an sfv or md5 for that vid will be deleted without warning. I've had this happen a few times already and I thought before you all get angry that we didn't receive your entries I would remind you of this fact.
ah k i was wondering about that. i am guilty of doing so :oops: guess i'll request the ftps again since i closed them :roll:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Umm....

Any more news on the server status?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

-BL-
Org Profile

Post by -BL- » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Ileia wrote:Umm....

Any more news on the server status?
x2 :<

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:15 pm

I must apologize for the extended downtime of the server. I have run into a few configuration problems with the local router and isp. I am working to resolve this soon.
ImageImageImageImage

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:10 am

Alright everyone. The migration of the FTP server took much longer then I expected and once it was moved there were a number of settings that had to be set as well as some negotiation with the new ISP in order to get it back up and running. It IS running now.

In light of the fact that the deadline is within 24 hours and the loss of nearly 2 days to submit, we will be extending the deadline for FTP entrants. This is an extension ONLY for those submitting via FTP, all mail entries still need to be received by the end of today (23 hours) as normal.

The new deadline for FTP entries is April 22nd. I will however only authorize accounts that have been requested as of April 21st. In effect, you have 47 hours in order to submit an entry form and submit an FTP request. At Midnight Eastern Time on the 22nd I will revoke the ability to submit a new entry form. From that point you will have 24 hours to submit your entry via the FTP server. The FTP server will be closed at Midnight on the 23rd.

I apologize for the delay, but consider this a gift for you procrastinators.

(I'm authorizing all accounts that have been requested this weekend, so you should get those shortly)
ImageImageImageImage

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Sry but one question ... what will the entry status on the ngs database tell me once my vid was succesfully uploaded? sth like "Entry Form Recieved" or does this mean sth else?
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Return to “AMV Contests”