Advent Crisis - Acen 2009 Finalist

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: Advent Crisis

Post by dreamawake » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Guess I'm going to be the first one to go against the grain here. I thought the trailer lacked direction big time. One of the biggest issues I had about it was that in the whole first half I didn't know who in your trailer was supposed to be who. Like when you had the redhead dude whos name escapes me say "Mr Anderson" to Zack. Then you had Cloud portrayed as Neo. Stuff like that. The editing got pretty decent toward the 2nd half of the trailer, but the first half looked like shit to me. Overall, not a bad watch, but the 2nd half is a lot better than the first. I'd probably go as far as saying the first half is garbage.

2.8/5

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Nice watch.

Lip sync was really bad in places, but thats ok as Final Fantasy is probably the hardest source to lip sync of all so I didn't really have any issues with it.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 pm

blabbler wrote:kickass O:
thanks
SenTrix wrote:much <3 on the banners

|:>
They were pretty fun to make. One of the best things I've done in photoshop
Vax wrote:That is the most awsmcore banner I've ever seen.
/gets and sees if you fixed those lip syncs.

Edit: Awsome sync, awsome lip sync, awsome video O: Your best video yet in my opinion. VCA 2010 best trailer? I think so O:
4.7/5

And you changed that angeal lip sync :|
In the one I sent you, you could actually tell where the masks were on the lips. So I decided to toss it.
osnar wrote:a very well edited amv :) good job!
Thank you.
Otohiko wrote:Very nice trailer, awesome sound effect sync and scene selection there! Takes itself seriously and comes out pretty much as a convincing actual trailer.
It's nice to know that it can be seen that way.
ZetZu wrote:Pretty nifty stuff!
Lip-sync was a bit off at times, but for being 3DCGi footage, it was good =)
All in all a cool trailer,

Good job. :up:
guy07 wrote:Loved the sync at the beginning. Editing was good. Lip wasn't perfect but meh, it never is. Not as good as some of the trailers i've seen in the past year, but not bad either. 3/5
In general this was pretty hard to lip sync. Glad to know that the errors didnt mess it up you guys. Thanks for the comments.
AaronAMV wrote:Aw... I wasn't the first to post. :cry:

Anyway, I really loved this. Awesome job. :up:
Aw, sorry. I forgot to tell you first. This was announced at like 5:00 AM :shock:
Phlu wrote:I'm usually not into trailers, but i really enjoyed this one :)
Great to know I had someone like the trailer.
ArashinomeAMV wrote:Guess I'm going to be the first one to go against the grain here. I thought the trailer lacked direction big time. One of the biggest issues I had about it was that in the whole first half I didn't know who in your trailer was supposed to be who. Like when you had the redhead dude whos name escapes me say "Mr Anderson" to Zack. Then you had Cloud portrayed as Neo. Stuff like that. The editing got pretty decent toward the 2nd half of the trailer, but the first half looked like shit to me. Overall, not a bad watch, but the 2nd half is a lot better than the first. I'd probably go as far as saying the first half is garbage.

2.8/5
I can see what you're saying about the whole "Mr Anderson" thing. Next time, I'll coordinate the characters better between the two sources better. As for the editing, I can sort of see how the second half would be more enjoyable. Thanks for the critique.
Kevmaster wrote:Nice watch.

Lip sync was really bad in places, but thats ok as Final Fantasy is probably the hardest source to lip sync of all so I didn't really have any issues with it.
thanks for the comment.

Someone left me a QC about entering this into Acen. The deadline's tomorrow, but I'll probably submit it tonight.

Slash
eion wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Slash » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:11 pm

To be honest the amv wasn't really good. I liked it at some parts but most parts were not good at all.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:30 pm

I fucking flinched when I noticed crisscrossing characters. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith all crisscrossing characters. Pick your character match ups and fucking stick with them. I honestly can't take such a sloppy video serious. Clearly you put more effort into your banners then you did with the actual video. Next time for the love of Supermoves [and all else that is holy] get your shit together. And if at all possible DROP FFAC/FF7CC/FFFAG.

If this seriously go's for trailer of the year I will fucking murder someone. :|

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:38 pm

srs business, you could have gone without the cursing. Its not that serious =\ its a video, life goes on.

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Niotex wrote:if at all possible DROP FFAC/FF7CC/FFFAG.
No.
Niotex wrote:If this seriously go's for trailer of the year I will fucking murder someone. :|
You think it can make it :ying:

In all seriousness, I understand what you and Arashinome are saying about crisscrossing characters. When making it, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but I understand how it is better. For future trailer AMVs, I'll make sure to keep the characters consistent, as it does seem to throw off people who are familiar with the source audio and movie.

:?: Also, people care about the VCAs :?:
Either way, with Acen's Trailer category this year, we're bound to get a lot of trailers into the Org soon. It'll be fun to see what others have cooked up.

EDIT:
IrAePyUrDrEaMz wrote:srs business, you could have gone without the cursing. Its not that serious =\ its a video, life goes on.
but then he'd just be repeating what Arashinome said.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:23 am

Action synch: check, well done.
Coherency: Uhhh....well...live and learn. The characters you chose to play roles need to be consistent or it's hard to follow.
Lip synch: Admittedly hard to pull off with this sort of source. A good effort, though.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:18 am

Ileia wrote:Action synch: check, well done.
Coherency: Uhhh....well...live and learn. The characters you chose to play roles need to be consistent or it's hard to follow.
Lip synch: Admittedly hard to pull off with this sort of source. A good effort, though.
Thank you Ileia. I hope the incoherency didn't completely take you off the video. I'll be watching for it next time.

TheTreeAMV
Org Profile

Post by TheTreeAMV » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:14 am

Good god, people. Seriously, I thought this trailer was great. Good lipsync is damn near impossible with CGI footage. The character's don't totally line up - so what? If you hadn't seen the Matrix, you wouldn't even know that Mr. Anderson and Neo were the same person. I liked that he mixed it up. I liked that he messed with a lot of the conventions of AMV making in the process.

And before anyone bashes me for not being a great editor... are you kidding me? What happened to making AMVs for fun? They're supposed to be entertaining. This one was.

In summary: if you have a problem with this video, I would recommend you jump off your AMV-making high-horse and take your laptop out of your behind.

(This was rant-like. I apologize. I'm just a bit frustrated with the AMV making community right now. And if you are not one of the jerks, this is not directed at you.)

"Sarcasm is a tool of the weak. Like diplomacy... and indecision." - Cory Alstad

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”