removing subtitles.

Crow_Westward
Org Profile

removing subtitles.

Post by Crow_Westward » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:08 pm

It ish me again AMV forums. Now I have question on how to edit out subtitles from a video clip if it is possible at all. Using Adobe Premire Elements. ( and again I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place.)

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Re: removing subtitles.

Post by Willen » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:37 am

Click here for the Subtitle & Logo Removal Guide

The easiest way is to crop them out, but it changes the size of your video (usually shorter/wider). If it's 4:3 (1.33:1) footage then you can say you wanted to make it more cinematic looking and cut out enough to make it 16:9 (1.78:1) widescreen. :P

But if you are cropping 16:9 footage then you'll end up with even shorter or wider video.

This is why the general recommendation is to use DVDs as source since practically all of them have switchable subs and when ripped off the disc you get clean animation. Not to mention the generally better picture quality.

If you have to use downloaded anime (for new shows just airing) then either try to find raws or videos with soft subs. You have to find these videos on your own if you go this route (Forum Rules).

If the above options aren't satisfactory, you could always do it the hard way which is to edit each frame in Photoshop by hand.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Video Editing Software”