New feature: Streaming Video

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Re: New feature: Streaming Video

Post by dokidoki » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
jasper-isis wrote:Congrats for finally getting this out the door! And huge thanks to you and dero for making it a reality. :D
Absolutely x2. :up: :up:
Absotively x3. :up: :up: :up:
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 pm

dokidoki wrote:
Tsunami Jones wrote:
jasper-isis wrote:Congrats for finally getting this out the door! And huge thanks to you and dero for making it a reality. :D
Absolutely x2. :up: :up:
Absotively x3. :up: :up: :up:
Thanks. :)

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 am

fanfreakintastic!

Very awesome stuff. I'm still not really for full streaming (I liked the idea of it only being previews) but the execution of how it is, is undoubtedly kick ass :3 you should be proud ^^

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:26 am

Oh wow! This is really cool! Great job, thanx, and all that neatoness! *^_^*
ImageImage

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:38 am

Pretty neat. Just a quick question though, does it require that the viewer finish watching the video before giving a comment/rating or can they do so while streaming the video?

I ask because I'm somewhat cautious that people will rate and comment before even finishing the video. People these days don't seem to have an attention span any longer than 5 seco- oh look a bird!

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:40 am

Pas wrote:Pretty neat. Just a quick question though, does it require that the viewer finish watching the video before giving a comment/rating or can they do so while streaming the video?

I ask because I'm somewhat cautious that people will rate and comment before even finishing the video. People these days don't seem to have an attention span any longer than 5 seco- oh look a bird!
I believe it allows you to rate it after 30 seconds. It's true that people will rate a video without finishing, but people will stop watching a downloaded video also and then come back rate it. So I dont think it's much of a change.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:46 am

LittleAtari wrote:people will stop watching a downloaded video also and then come back rate it.
I have never done this, nor do I see the point in doing so. I mean most AMVs span only a mere 3-4 minutes. Would it truly be that difficult to sit down for that time and just watch something?

I'm not so much complaining as trying to raise the issue of encouraging people to become more impatient and assume their stance well before the video has ended. After all, many good AMVs only really build up towards the end.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:16 am

That's interesting news...

if for the good or the bad, we're going to see that soon enough.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:28 am

Great job Eric!

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:08 am

Pas wrote:
LittleAtari wrote:people will stop watching a downloaded video also and then come back rate it.
I have never done this, nor do I see the point in doing so. I mean most AMVs span only a mere 3-4 minutes. Would it truly be that difficult to sit down for that time and just watch something?

I'm not so much complaining as trying to raise the issue of encouraging people to become more impatient and assume their stance well before the video has ended. After all, many good AMVs only really build up towards the end.
Try watching the first 30 seconds of Attack of the Otaku, Euphoria, or Naruto's Technique Beat and you'll notice it's pretty representative of the video as a whole. 30 seconds is 15% to 20% of most videos. If you've seen nothing to grab your attention in that significant of a percentage what are the odds you're going to like it if you finish it?

Anyway, I've said it in IRC but I'll repeat myself. Nice job guys. I wasn't one of the people who supported streaming, however with the way it was implemented I think it'll work out rather well.

Return to “Site Announcements”