AP+AE bridge

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

AP+AE bridge

Post by Vax » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:57 pm

This whole thing confuses me.
I use APCS3 and AECS4. When I import my premiere file in After Effects I was expecting to see something similar to my Premiere timeline. But I didn't. Someone told me that when I import my Premiere filein After Effects it will keep all my cuts. Am I missing a step, or doing it wrong?

blabbler
Org Profile

Re: AP+AE bridge

Post by blabbler » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:10 am

if you go file>import>import premiere project, or if you copy a sequence and paste it into an ae comp, you should keep your edits. however i never found this to be frame accurate, and it's a pain in the ass to trim everything back down.
also, any motion, fx or transitions you applied in premiere will probably be lost.

cs4 dynamic link is where it's at, but you only get it in the production premium and master collection bundles. bridge is for managing your project files, it doesn't link between ae and ppro.

another option is to export an edl (edit decision list) from premiere, and import that into ae.

best way is to work scene by scene though - render out or copy/paste the clips you need from ppro into an ae comp, do the work over there, then render out with project link enabled. bring the rendered output into your premiere timeline to replace the original clips.

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:35 am

Here's what I see. When I drag the sequence in, it gives me a big block. I thought there would be edits there.

I guess my best shot will be the edl and copy and pasting. Thanks blabb |:

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:10 pm

double click the "sequence 01" comp.

ps. lol.

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:36 pm