The Otakon 2009 thread

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Re: Otakon 2009 AMV Contest Rules

Post by Parodic Productions » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:15 am

HalOfBorg wrote:
Parodic Productions wrote: I hope this year will see a bigger competition in comedy. Here's hoping...

Wanna just surrender now??? :D :lol: :mrgreen: :amv:

(just kidding!)
Damn, I'm at work now, and they just put in this new Active Directory thing, so I can't download a thing.

I'll have to check it out later tonight.

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:24 am

Scintilla: If you upload a new video before the deadline, and tell me to scratch the old one, then that's fine, regardless of your reason. The point of the rules is to keep out trolls, not punish people who win stuff! Just don't upload two videos at once and say "Put in video 1 unless it wins something kthxbye".

Scintilla again: DJI is working with fan parodies now.

Ryoko823: The rules and submission database were ready to go mid-February. However I did not make them available to the public for political reasons. Without going into finger-pointing detail, I refused to work for Otakon if they continued to support irrational decisions that crippled our hobby. Needless to say, since I'm back now, I report directly to the Director of Programming and am actually involved in the decision-making that affects my contest (fascinating concept, I know!).

Scintilla III: I will not have the East Coast screening on ANext weekend. Most of the Jerseyfolks will be there, and that's a sizable chunk of our prescreening audience, lol. I also have no clue where it will be. I haven't talked to Alan about it yet, and he certainly has no obligation to run it.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Sonydjsnmix
Org Profile

Post by Sonydjsnmix » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:59 am

Must finish video......................

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:25 pm

HAH! Finished the video I wanted to enter into the contest the DAY this thread was made. Considering I've been working on it for like 7 or 8 months I'd say that's pretty phenomenal timing.

Parodic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Parodic Productions » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:39 pm

HalOfBorg wrote:
Parodic Productions wrote: I hope this year will see a bigger competition in comedy. Here's hoping...

Wanna just surrender now??? :D :lol: :mrgreen: :amv:

(just kidding!)
Okay, having seen it finally, I found it quite interesting. I'd been thinking of doing something similar two years ago, but I went a bit of a different direction.

Mine's gonna be more of a parody of special effects videos. Not to reveal anything, but KoopisKeva's on my list.

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:43 pm

Sounds like another great show in the making but is it really Ok to get excited about Otakon while the Cherry Blossoms are still in bloom? :lol:

I'll work up something to send in soon. I hope I make it this year, last year blew my perfect record!

HalOfBorg
Org Profile

Post by HalOfBorg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Parodic Productions wrote:Mine's gonna be more of a parody of special effects videos.
Looking forward to seeing it. :D
Help HalOfBorg fight his cancer - http://www.gofundme.com/21ygdk

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Altiryoko
Org Profile

Post by Altiryoko » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Ryoko823 wrote:Yea, well Animenext and Otakon are waiting pretty long to tell us their deadlines. Wouldn't think that making the rules official would take that long since this is a yearly thing.

Just would have wanted the site updated faster so I would know exactly how much time I had left to finish it. :?
They already did tell us the deadlines:

AnimeNEXT: May 22
Otakon: June 7

And in AnimeNEXT's case, the rules ARE official and linked to from their front page. As for Otakon, even though the rules aren't official, Vic just told us that "[t]he deadline is a VERY HARD DEADLINE."
I know. Just saying that times seem to be hard for cons this year. Lots of hard deadlines going around this year. Can kinda see why since everything is volunteer

freya13
Org Profile

Post by freya13 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:56 am

VicBond007 wrote: 500 badges don't laminate themselves :P
>.< yea you're freakin telling me......... you're welcome Vic
Render-chan Error-chan >:3

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:59 pm