Drive designation errors

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Drive designation errors

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:17 am

Ok so this problem is a bit bizzare.

I'm working on three AMVs simultaniously - I store all the work files on an external hard drive. Now when I captured two of the videos for whatever reason the drive thought it was E:. About a month later I captured the third but the drive thought it was F: all of a sudden. Now I've got two videos where the source footage that doesn't work beause all the scripts and d2v files are associated with E: while the drive always reads F.

I've tried adjusting this in device manager with no luck (attempting to manually change drive designation). Does anybody know a workaround for this? I can't simply recapture everything because I've allready edited the videos and being one frame off in making the d2vs or scripts screws up the entire video.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Drive designation errors

Post by Kariudo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:16 am

edit the .d2v files in a text editor like notepad

the paths to the vobs are near the top, so you just change them to whatever new path they're at.
I don't know if you need to have "use full paths" enabled in dgindex or not to do this.

I've used this method to move vobs and their d2v files from my desktop to my laptop and back again

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Re: Drive designation errors

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:29 am

Allready tried that, this is the odd result.

I change them then when I open the project Premiere asks me where the avs files are. I tell it, then Premiere just crashes "sorry premiere has experienced an error..." that junk then it closes. The edited avs and d2vs dont' have any problem opening in virtualdub at all. Hell if I create a new project in Premiere I can even use them as edited, but the old project just won't accept them anymore. (Though oddly enough if I skip previews I can import them all in but it won't restore them to their proper locations.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”