Judges Choice Awards (JCA) results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Re: Judges Choice Awards (JCA) results

Post by Willen » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:19 am

Once again, the JCAs seem to mirror my final picks better than the VCAs.
Ileia wrote:Thanks, that's pretty cool, but I have to say I'm not sure how "continuing to make videos" really justifies Editor of the Year. Just sayin'. >_>
From someone who hasn't made a video in well over 2 years, EVERYONE is Editor of the Year compared to me. :awesome:

Anyways, congrats to all.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:23 am

Thank you very much, and congratulations to all winners! :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Whoah, that came quite as a shock after coming back to the net after few days, thanks to judges... I...
*doesn't know what to say*

Ahem... also, congratulations to all the winners in here as well \o/

Yeah, some choices I find better in VCAs, but most of them I find better in JCAs... again.

I will definitely check out what I haven't checked in semis before ^^

(is that a way to end a post?)

(I guess not)

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:52 am

Oo cool.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:06 am

interesting results O:

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:24 pm

Ileia wrote:Thanks, that's pretty cool, but I have to say I'm not sure how "continuing to make videos" really justifies Editor of the Year. Just sayin'. >_>
It's not just that you continue to make videos, it's that you continue to make awesome videos :3

congrats to all, I'm happy my vid made it on Mitch's list and was mentioned by Oto <3.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:39 am

My only real concern was the parody category for this years JCA. Code: Ecchi seemed more interesting and just had amazing execution imo. It won in VCA so whatever (surprisingly one of the few redeeming awards from this years VCA).

Didn't openly participate but its got some interesting results, more so then the VCA overall anyway. Seems the JCA is more realistic with its results than the actual VCA though that’s just imo. Probably gonna participate for next year :up:.

Big congrats to Ingow for winning horror with that amv though, you clearly deserved it. Should of got it in the VCA :x .
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:36 am

hmm seeing as i only recognize 2 or 3 vids on this list, I guess i got some downloading to do :O

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:34 am

Holy crap, I got in! Why does no one tell me these things? I didn't even know I had to do something to get my vid into the VCAs and here it is in JCA. Which judge opted for me? I wish to thank them personally.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:29 am

Well done Judges :up:
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

Return to “AMV Contests”