Big breasts ruining anime?

johnny46
Org Profile

Big breasts ruining anime?

Post by johnny46 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:54 am

Dragonaut ~the resonance~ - Ok so I've been following this anime for the last five episodes. I'm not a big mech-anime fan but it looked interesting enough, the plot has so far seemingly enough substance to make for a good view; the character variety is interesting and for the most part the animation is good. However, I have an issue with the so-called "fan service". And I just wondered if anyone else shared this opinion.

See my problem is that nearly every chick apart from Toa has massive breasts. I'm not talking massive but realistic, I'm talking so big it's just ridiculous. It's not fanservice, it's not erotic, it's distracting and annoying. Every time one of said female characters appears on the screen I subconciously shake my head. I'm actually considering dropping what is otherwise a good anime just because I can no longer put up with the constant boob shots. Some of you might consider this weird? How can I not like breasts?

The thing is, they're too big to be even close to realistic, they're thrust in your face every 10 seconds (not to mention the women wearing armour that for some reason leaves their chest, the most vunerable location on their body, nearly completely exposed) and nearly every female character has them. If I wanted H I'd watch some damn H. Seriously it's too much. Does anyone else get incredibly frustrated with the several anime that have this particular problem? Or feel free to disagree with me.
God, give me patience ... but I want it NOW!!

OropherZero
Org Profile

Re: Big breasts ruining anime?

Post by OropherZero » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 am

yeah too big really puts me off, they need to be more firm

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:39 am

DFC for life :ying:

OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:14 am

Nope.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:18 am

I agree. I've never really understood the whole "Bigger is better" in relation to boobs. Size does matter sometimes, but it's not as simple as that.

Flipped through a few episodes of Dragonaut on the ol' tube, though I couldn't find any massive boobs. Mind taking a screen-shot or two?
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

OzzieAlThor79
Org Profile

Post by OzzieAlThor79 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 am

76 wrote: Flipped through a few episodes of Dragonaut on the ol' tube, though I couldn't find any massive boobs. Mind taking a screen-shot or two?
Yes. Absolutley. I would love to see massive boobs as well.

Thanks!

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:43 am

I might get some flak for saying this, but yes, there are way too many big boobs in anime. You used to be able to sit down and watch anime that was fairly normal (normal as in, there weren't boobs flopping all over the place). Nowadays, practically half of the anime out there is completely filled with huge boobs. Big boobs used to be something that were used as PARODY (Jungle de Ikou, Amazing Nurse Nanako), but these days every show uses them as the main attraction.

Yet another reason why people associate anime with nerds.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:12 am

Big boobs has ruined every anime. Except Eiken.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 am

Yes, but Dragonaut sucked even without the boobs. If you find yourself bothered by the breasts, you have to realize something about the anime. The creators don't have high class and the anime is probably mediocre, even if you haven't realized it yet. The creators think that inserting massive fanservice will attract fans to watch it because they know that without the distraction, the show would suffer for lack of content. When you realize that, its time to drop and find something else to watch.

An example of a good show that was ruined for me due to the big breasts is the first season of Mahoromatic. Though the concept was a bit cliche, I saw potential and GAINAX hadn't let me down yet. I would have enjoyed the show a whole lot more if that damn shotacon teacher didn't pop up every single episode throwing her chest around. I was glad to find she had a more passive role in the second season.

Not that all shows with ridiculous breasts are bad. Kamen no Maid Guy, for example, was all about big breasts and still executed an amazing and genius show.

There's an upcoming show called Queen's Blade that I think you should watch to test this trend. From what I've seen so far, it looks like the whole show is nothing but ridiculously big-breasted women battling in very revealing armor. It could still turn out to be a good show, or it could be just what we've been talking about. I guess we'll find out when it comes out.

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:47 am

I don't mind :\

Return to “General Anime”