The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards - Winners

Megamom
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards - Winners

Post by Megamom » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:20 am

:D Congratulations to all winners, hehehe, this is my first participation in the VCAs and am very happy that I was very close to winning, again congratulations to the winners, and good luck for the VCAs in the next year! :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Nunchuck
Org Profile

Post by Nunchuck » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:04 am

CrackTheSky wrote: I just don't get it.
x2 pretty much...

Thank you for voting for blabbler and me :D

and congrats to all the winners :up:

surfsama
Org Profile

Post by surfsama » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks to Jasper and the rest of the Org folks for their fortuitous nature to see the VCAs through to another successful conclusion.

Congratulations to the community-elected nominees and winners of this year’s VCAs.
Hide the Cheese Whiz

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Ileia wrote:I think the same here. I'm not sure what the reason is for wanting to take them out, but I really think they do help a lot in the overall voting process.
AFAIK I don't think it's the admins want to remove them, it's that the org is steadily declined in # of vids entered each year and if the trend holds true next year there won't be enough to really justify a semi-final round.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Even French tell Nostro in Most Improved Editor is a joke...
Congrats all!
MF²: Best MEP, thanks to the voters, now we can all make SoH on his nerves claiming the 3rd!

SoH
Org Profile

Post by SoH » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:08 pm

~MimS~ wrote:Even French tell Nostro in Most Improved Editor is a joke...
Not really, i'm agree with Turbo. :sweat:
Turbo wrote:Don't forget about first use in AMV: 60fps + HD. So I think he's improved.
But it's just my point of view... :wink:

---

Thank you for voting for MF² :D

and congrats to all the winners :up: ( I'm sad about Memento Mori... :? )

animedork2075
Org Profile

Post by animedork2075 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:56 pm

This is the first VCA I actually got to watch all the videos in time to actually vote. I am happy with the videos, and although a big portion of the videos I voted for, didn't win. That's how these things work. I think all deserved to win, and I am glad they did.

As for the Most improved thing. I am not here enough to vote for that. I normally don't vote for most helpful, or most improved. So, I don't have much opinion on that.

Either way. I hope all goes well, and would like to thank all people involved. Staff, Editors, and voters. I really love this time of year for this contest. For that, I will make another anual donation to help keep things rolling.

Good job, and congrats to all.
Insert witty signature video link here!

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Well, most of my votes didn't win, but for the most part I feel perfectly fine with all the winners.

The only thing I'm kinda miffed about is that megamom didn't get in. He had massive improvement this year. (I would argue the 60 FPS more innovative, not a personal improvement.) And I personally thought he had most artistic in the bag.

Still, I can't complain for the most part. I thought AotO getting most fun was a great compromise with shake that.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Another year and people still don't know what "most improved" or "parody" mean.

Anyways - Got a good deal of vids from the semi-final list - even kept a number of them. Also realized my older laptop can't handle about 1/5 of the vids in the contest this year.

grats to the winners. Bring on the vote totals.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:35 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:Congrats to all and way2go jasper for running it all.
Thanks, but I really couldn't have done it without doki's help. He set up all the web pages and created the queue, which worked towards the goal of making it easier for people to watch as many of the entries as they could. Also, doki and Corran were both great about querying the database for information that helped me make decisions and stuff. So big props to them. :up:
godix wrote:
Ileia wrote:I think the same here. I'm not sure what the reason is for wanting to take them out, but I really think they do help a lot in the overall voting process.
AFAIK I don't think it's the admins want to remove them, it's that the org is steadily declined in # of vids entered each year and if the trend holds true next year there won't be enough to really justify a semi-final round.
That's what I'm thinking, although like I said, it's not a given yet so we'll have to wait and see.

Return to “Site Announcements”