Masking in premiere cs3

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Ryukz82
Org Profile

Masking in premiere cs3

Post by Ryukz82 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:16 am

I´m new wih premiere i actulay start using AE and vegas but now i want to use premiere unstead of vegas and i just dont know how to mask in premiere, i know maybe this question have been made already in this forum but i cant find any topic with this so if anyone can help me with this i would apreciate
thanks~

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:38 am

It's better to use Photoshop or After Effects for masking, as Premiere is really lacking in that ability.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Ryukz82
Org Profile

Post by Ryukz82 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:43 am

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:It's better to use Photoshop or After Effects for masking, as Premiere is really lacking in that ability.
Thats what i thought thanks

duskull
Org Profile

Re: Masking in premiere cs3

Post by duskull » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:53 pm

or you could consider adobe premiere pro cs4 it has a pen tool so that you can mask , iam new at it my self.

duskull
Org Profile

Post by duskull » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:55 pm

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro ... F7E3a.html here is a link on what i think that you are trying to do.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:27 pm

duskull wrote:http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro ... F7E3a.html here is a link on what i think that you are trying to do.
To expand: that pen toll is for making titles. That is a function available from Premiere Pro 1.0 and what you have to do in order to use that function to mask is this:
1) make the path with the title's pen tool
2) right click the path and then go to graphic ype > filled bezier
3) close the title window, then drag the title from the project panel to a track that's above the track you want to mask on (eg: if the clip you have to track is on track 2, put the title on track 3 or higher)
4) now choose the Keying > Track Matte Key effect and apply it on the clip you wish to mask (continuing with the same example, it would be the clip on track 2)
5) set it so that the Matte is the layer with the title, composite using is matte alpha and reverse is unchecked.
Now you should have the mask done. Again, you can do this thing from version 1.0 of Premiere Pro. This feature is unavailable in the elements versions of premiere as, while there is a track matte effect, the title function doesn't have a pen tool, only shapes and text.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:30 pm

mirkosp wrote:
duskull wrote:http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro ... F7E3a.html here is a link on what i think that you are trying to do.
To expand: that pen toll is for making titles. That is a function available from Premiere Pro 1.0 and what you have to do in order to use that function to mask is this:
1) make the path with the title's pen tool
2) right click the path and then go to graphic ype > filled bezier
3) close the title window, then drag the title from the project panel to a track that's above the track you want to mask on (eg: if the clip you have to track is on track 2, put the title on track 3 or higher)
4) now choose the Keying > Track Matte Key effect and apply it on the clip you wish to mask (continuing with the same example, it would be the clip on track 2)
5) set it so that the Matte is the layer with the title, composite using is matte alpha and reverse is unchecked.
Now you should have the mask done. Again, you can do this thing from version 1.0 of Premiere Pro. This feature is unavailable in the elements versions of premiere as, while there is a track matte effect, the title function doesn't have a pen tool, only shapes and text.
/me facepalms
Ouch, I just realized this was a necroposting... =_= well, maybe it'll be helpful for someone else.

Return to “Adobe Software”