Musical artists who like AMVs

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
guardiansoulblade
Org Profile

Musical artists who like AMVs

Post by guardiansoulblade » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:26 pm

Now we can talk about artists who actually like AMVs as soon on the Tube or shown to them by their fans.

Vic Mignogna (English voice actor for Edward Elric and Dark Mousy, and Tamaki) loves AMVs, he likes a lot of them and is flattered when they're set to his music, yes, he finally put his CDs up on iTunes so all his fans can get a hold of them and not have to drive all the way to a con.

I think this site got mentioned at one of their panels, I believe. And since he's an independent artist, i don't think he'll send you a DMCA if you buy one of his songs and use it in your AMV, he's also on Amazon MP3 if you guys want to go get some of his music.

Feel free to post any other music artists who like or have seen AMVs.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: Music artits who like AMVs

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:06 am

I think you mean "Music IS tits who like AMVs".

[Jasper: fixed topic title. >__>]
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:23 am

Amy Lee of Evanescence liked AMVs. Didn't stop her label from sending the .org a cease-and-desist letter and having all AMVs using said band now prohibited on the .org :|

Of artists I actually like - Vienna Teng acknowledged AMVs at some of her concerts. One of my favourite musicians, Trey Gunn (formerly of King Crimson, lately of KTU and UKZ) has one of my AMVs to his music on his video blog and myspace, and I've exchanged a number of emails with him. He was genuinely interested in the stuff and has told me directly that he's fine and happy with this sort of stuff. For my part, it was incredibly awesome to have one of my most favorite musicians to acknowledge it and approve of it.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:28 am

Otohiko wrote:Amy Lee of Evanescence liked AMVs. Didn't stop her label from sending the .org a cease-and-desist letter and having all AMVs using said band now prohibited on the .org :|
To be specific, it was this video in particular:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... php?v=2580
(the opinions are fairly funny to read also, particularly where rubyeye makes the comment "I believe Evanescene is a local band since I can't seem to find anything on them" - it makes sense considering the video came out in 2001, but in retrospect...)

Which was one of the ironic things, because I'm fairly sure the actual album it came from wasn't one Wind-Up holds rights to (this was brought up in the discussions on the topic too, I believe, but all videos had their downloads blocked to err on the side of caution). It was either Origin or one of the pre-Origin demos.

There's also been a few times bands actually came here to see if they could stir up interest. The two I can recall offhand are Psychaesthetic and Blood+Batteries (namely because I still have the mp3s lying around), although I know there's more.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Re: Musical artists who like AMVs

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:02 pm

I understand DJ Shpadoinkle loves AMVs.

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:20 pm

Voltaire
A video of mine is on his myspace

xexyzl
Org Profile

Post by xexyzl » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Hey Warheart, would you sue us if someone made a Words of Farewell AMV? :P

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Stark Effect has linked to the video I made with one of his tracks, and the Evolution Control Committee said they were going to too, but they still hadn't last I checked.

But I don't know if you can really call either of them artists...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:05 pm

I think I saw that Courtney Love likes amvs (via myspace?), but i can't say that for sure O.o

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:30 pm

DJ PTW is a strong supporter of AMVs.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “General AMV”