Plug-in :for a certain text

micktam12
Org Profile

Plug-in :for a certain text

Post by micktam12 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:22 am

Hello there,

I was wounding if there is a plug in for a certain text, it was used for the opening credits in a AMV called "The Conspiracy Of Law"
And it is used in the anime show Paranoia Agent (on the DVD covers)

And i was hoping if u can give me a website or send me the Plug-in

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: Plug-in :for a certain text

Post by Niotex » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:52 pm

How about you actually give us a link for the video?

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:31 pm

<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:59 pm

You don't need a plugin for that. You can and should probably do it manually and with the txt editor.

micktam12
Org Profile

Post by micktam12 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:31 am

whats Text Editor?

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Its an editor in every video application that lets you edit text. Now assuming that since you asked for a plugin you are working with Premiere, Vegas or even After Effects. The internal text editors will suffice to your needs plentiful. As all the video is is realigning text and individual letters.

micktam12
Org Profile

Post by micktam12 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:27 am

Ok cool :D

Ok I'm Currently working with Sony Vegas 7.0

How do i open text editor?

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:31 am

micktam12 wrote:Ok cool :D

Ok I'm Currently working with Sony Vegas 7.0

How do i open text editor?
Go to media generators>text, drag onto the timeline, and edit it:

However, @Niotex: I think it'd probably be near impossible to do that with vegas or premire, as I don't think either of them can align text to a path. Just for clarification, I think micktam's talking about the part at 4:52 onwards. Not the opening credits.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:23 pm

micktam12 wrote:I was wounding if there is a plug in for a certain text, it was used for the opening credits in a AMV called "The Conspiracy Of Law"
I think I'm good =]

Also Premiere/Vegas are more then capable. Clearly you haven't spend enough time with the text editors. The main thing is that when doing it in programs like Premiere/Vegas is that you have to make sure that the sections/letters you want to break away are their own layer.

Of course doing it in AE/Motion would be easier considering how different those handle text. But for what he's trying to achieve he doesn't have to break his head over either of those applications.

Also the later section you're referring to is simply aligning text letter for letter and then just having them pop up as you go along. Again one of those things that is a LOT easier in AE but doesn't require it. People underestimate Premiere/Vegas/Magix etc just be smart about it. Hell the way I'm explaining it right now is probably one of the most ghetto ways of doing it. And judging from the rest of the video it wouldn't surprise me that a similar way was used.

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Niotex wrote:
micktam12 wrote:I was wounding if there is a plug in for a certain text, it was used for the opening credits in a AMV called "The Conspiracy Of Law"
I think I'm good =]
:ying:

Also Premiere/Vegas are more then capable. Clearly you haven't spend enough time with the text editors. The main thing is that when doing it in programs like Premiere/Vegas is that you have to make sure that the sections/letters you want to break away are their own layer.

Of course doing it in AE/Motion would be easier considering how different those handle text. But for what he's trying to achieve he doesn't have to break his head over either of those applications.

Also the later section you're referring to is simply aligning text letter for letter and then just having them pop up as you go along. Again one of those things that is a LOT easier in AE but doesn't require it. People underestimate Premiere/Vegas/Magix etc just be smart about it. Hell the way I'm explaining it right now is probably one of the most ghetto ways of doing it. And judging from the rest of the video it wouldn't surprise me that a similar way was used.
Having tried something similer with vegas before, you're right. It can be done manually, in the same vein that you can do any effect you've ever seen with PS and a huge amount of time. But at some point it becomes simply masochistic to keep doing it. I just didn't want to give micktam the idea that there's a built in function or plug-in that would allow him to do it in vegas.

But I guess it's a moot point, I need to learn to read better.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!

Return to “Effects & Techniques”