making video background transparent

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
duskull
Org Profile

making video background transparent

Post by duskull » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:40 pm

ok iam working on a amv and i was wondering how to make your video background transparent to where it just showed the one person moving or object moving , i have seen videos where people have done it i know i would like to learn how.

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Re: making video background transparent

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 pm

You get photoshop or after effects and mask the person out of the picture/video. The pen tool, mentioned in the other thread you made, is the most accurate, though time consuming, way to do it.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

SenTrix
Org Profile

Post by SenTrix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:39 pm

It's basically called rotoscoping, frame by frame masking, you can also do roto with cheaper softwares designed for mill editing, such as sony or premier. although photoshop and after effects would be preferable when masking, cos you wont lose quality when zooming in the footage and after effects is really meant for 3d composition and all those horse crap.
Image <<..:: Click Me ::..>> Image

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Sentrix wrote:such as sony or premier.
While Vegas does have a good masking tool, Premiere's masking only comes in (IIRC) 4 and 8 point mattes, so you won't be able to get any more complex than basic shapes.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

duskull
Org Profile

Post by duskull » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:03 am

ok will thanks i found out how to do it , i use adobe after effects and i just have to mask it frame by frame

Return to “Adobe Software”