2009 Judges Choice Awards

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: 2009 Judges Choice Awards

Post by godix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am

Kitsuner wrote:
godix wrote:- Judges will not allowed to vote in the categories they're nominated in.
Does this apply to MEPs as well?

If so, do judges who aren't me still get to vote in the categories Retrospect is in even if they happen to be listed in the collabs?
Yes it counts for MEPs.

I don't consider Retrospect a MEP, it was a solo project with an unusual way of crediting your source. So the only person who would affect by it would be you.
Nya-chan Production wrote:Does this mean that the judge will throw away one vid and rate some other instead of it, or that the poll of the vids will be extended for all judges (10 vids for each judge to rate 1-10 in the worst/best case)?
For argument sake say there are 10 videos in a category. A judge decides that there is one video not in the VCAs which he thinks is really good so adds it. There would then be 11 videos in that category which all judges should watch and vote on. The judges would rank what they think is the top 5 and assign them points (5 being for best). I add up the points of all judges and announce the winner based on that.
piiiiii wrote:Atvaark, you can contact him in amv-france irc chan. :mrgreen:
Wrong thread.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:46 am

Please, post nominations in the nominations thread. This thread is meant for questions/concerns about the contest as a whole.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:25 pm

I don't understand:
Once the nominations are over I will contact each person nominated and ask if they'd be willing to judge. Those who are willing will be voted on by the community. The five people with the most votes will be asked the judge.
and
- The judges will remain anonymous during the voting process, it will be announced who they were once the results are posted.
Maybe my english is not enough good but I feel like we can't have this conditions together ^^"

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:54 pm

~MimS~ wrote:I don't understand:
Once the nominations are over I will contact each person nominated and ask if they'd be willing to judge. Those who are willing will be voted on by the community. The five people with the most votes will be asked the judge.
and
- The judges will remain anonymous during the voting process, it will be announced who they were once the results are posted.
Maybe my english is not enough good but I feel like we can't have this conditions together ^^"
Let me try to explain a bit differently then.

First there are nominations where people suggest who they think would make a good judge. That is going on right now. Once nominations are complete I will privately contact each person nominated and ask if they are willing to judge.

After that comes the next phase, I will post a list of people who are willing. People will then send me private messages on who they vote for. The ones who get the most votes will be the five judges. Since voting is done in private message only I will know who won and became judges. Also note, this means the judges will not know who the other judges are, a further step to help prevent the perception of clique voting. At the end of the contest I will announce who the judges were along with who they choose as winners.

Hopefully that makes it a little clearer but if not let me know and I will try to find someone who knows French to translate the explanation.

Xelestial
Org Profile

Post by Xelestial » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:05 pm

^ I wish I remembered more of my French to help...

I got a random PM about this contest from Koop, asking for participation. I'm a bit confused though. This thread seems to be about nominating judges, but for the actual videos...what are they judging? You said something about VCA semi-finalists videos? If so, have those videos already been decided upon? (Sorry I have been out of the loop here for months, I just wanted some clarification)
Music is well said to be the speech of angels...

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Xelestial wrote:^ I wish I remembered more of my French to help...

I got a random PM about this contest from Koop, asking for participation. I'm a bit confused though. This thread seems to be about nominating judges, but for the actual videos...what are they judging? You said something about VCA semi-finalists videos? If so, have those videos already been decided upon? (Sorry I have been out of the loop here for months, I just wanted some clarification)
Yes, the videos are the VCA semi-finalists. Judges will be able to add one video they think was overlooked in the VCAs if they choose but mostly it'll be the VCA semi-finalists.

Info on the VCA contest can be found here and here. The short version is the VCAs are currently in the semi-final round.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:18 pm

Hu.. so you received PMs from everybody... you're crazy! xD (if I understand like I should)

Xelestial
Org Profile

Post by Xelestial » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Gracias, godix.
~MimS~ wrote:Hu.. so you received PMs from everybody... you're crazy! xD (if I understand like I should)

:? I assume he sent PMs to everyone.
Music is well said to be the speech of angels...

usa mimi productions
Org Profile

Post by usa mimi productions » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:19 pm

i am not sure why i got a pm concerning it, maybe it is just random luck? i am lost on what exactly had someone even remember me on here in the first place. help?

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:33 pm

~MimS~ wrote:Hu.. so you received PMs from everybody... you're crazy! xD (if I understand like I should)
You seem to understand correctly. And yeah, I'm increasingly agreeing with the crazy diagnosis.

On a separate topic, the other PMs people are mentioning. Koop sent PMs to people to notify them of the contest. Considering the response in the nomination thread has picked up significantly over the last few hours it appears many didn't know about the JCAs but are interested in taking part. For those of you who didn't want to know, sorry. Perhaps you might consider taking part in the VCAs instead since you've dropped back into the community however briefly?

Return to “AMV Contests”