Premiere CS4 Start up Problems

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
LivingFlame
Org Profile

Re: Premiere CS4 Start up Problems

Post by LivingFlame » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:30 am

For the exporting a specified portion question, adjust the work area bar to encompass the part you want to export and then open up the export dialogue box. Somewhere in that dialogue box, there should be either a checkbox or a dropdown menu that lets you either export the whole project or just the Work Area Bar. Select the Work Area Bar and you should be good to go.

And sorry that my explanation isn't more specific. I don't have Premiere on this computer. Hopefully that makes enough sense. :?

And I'm also sorry that I don't know about the audio problem.
... yea ...

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:34 am

My kingdom for an edit button!

Oh, and just to clarify about the work area bar (in case you don't already know...though you probably do), it's that little bar at the top of the timeline window. By default, it will automatically stretch to encompass the entire project unless you manually adjust it. So just grab the sides of it and pull it in to the area you want to export.
... yea ...

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 am

I'm assuming you mean this?
The timeline is also looped around the edited area.

As for the audio, I played the video in WMP, since it automatically downloads codecs, and it played the audio fine. I then try to re-install VLC, but it still doesn't work. Is there a way to pin-point where the audio codec was downloaded to, and transfer it (I suppose) to have it play in VLC?

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:55 pm

Try and set the Embedding Options to Project instead of none

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Vax wrote:Try and set the Embedding Options to Project instead of none
That prolly isn't going to do anything.
I think that instead of uncompressed microsoft avi you have to choose another thing, don't recall how it's called, maybe just microsoft avi, and then choose none in the codec pulldown of the video section.

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:06 pm

mirkosp wrote:
I think that instead of uncompressed microsoft avi you have to choose another thing, don't recall how it's called, maybe just microsoft avi, and then choose none in the codec pulldown of the video section.
Probably, I teamviewed him and some of his settings. If I'm wrong, correct me. When you put your embedding option to project, it exports your video as your project settings. Those are how my settings are and I don't have that problem.

He doesn't have the microsoft .avi option. His Premiere is pretty screwed up. lulz

Vax
Sexy black guy
Org Profile

Post by Vax » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 pm

Vax wrote:
mirkosp wrote:
Probably, I teamviewed him and changed some of his settings. If I'm wrong, correct me. When you put your embedding option to project, it exports your video as your project settings. Those are how my settings are and I don't have that problem.

He doesn't have the microsoft .avi option. His Premiere is pretty screwed up. lulz
Ugh, fixed.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Either way, it still isn't working, the audio or the looping. ;-;

As I said before...
I played the video in WMP, since it automatically downloads codecs, and it played the audio fine. I then try to re-install VLC, but it still doesn't work. Is there a way to pin-point where the audio codec was downloaded to, and transfer it (I suppose) to have it play in VLC?

chui101
Org Profile

Post by chui101 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:50 pm

The VFW/AVI plugin problem sounds like a codec issue. What DirectShow decoders do you have installed? It's possible you have a bunch of random ones cluttered up that might be crashing.

I try to keep my codec set fairly minmal - ffdshow, ac3filter, and coreavc.
Cyber Ninja Productions - http://www.devilsbsd.net

Return to “Adobe Software”