Frame Rate Question!

Cosmos Studio
Org Profile

Post by Cosmos Studio » Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:52 pm

I have no idea then. LoL ...My computer just doesn't like me suppose. I've tried installing video cards in it three times now (three totally diff. cards) and they all messed up my system and I gave up after three weeks of trying (per card). ^^;
~Cosmos

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:25 pm

It's not a function of your video card, either. The things your seeing are in the video itself; no amount of video hardware will change the data encoded within the video.

Cosmos Studio
Org Profile

Post by Cosmos Studio » Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:19 pm

Yeah, I know that. I was making the fact that my computer hates me. I don't have a video card because this cheapo computer won't take one ^^;
~Cosmos

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:32 pm

You obviously have a video card, or else you wouldn't be able to see enough on your computer screen to post here in the forum. :-D

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:44 am

Swapping video cards takes some care, and a complete OS rebuild is usually a good idea.

Whatever it is with your PC, Cosmos, you can learn more about this framerate cra...uhhh...stuff by reading Adobe's Technical Guides. They're here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techguides ... /main.html

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:10 am

TaranT wrote:Swapping video cards takes some care, and a complete OS rebuild is usually a good idea.
If you need to reinstall your OS every time you replace your video card, then either <I>you are a freaking idiot</I> or <I>you are doing something horribly, horribly wrong</I>. (Or both.)

Cosmos Studio
Org Profile

Post by Cosmos Studio » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:01 pm

^^; ...I dunno what the problem was, but I have a Compaq 5BW220, and when I went on their forum's a lot of other people with this model can't get video cards to work as well, so I gave up. ^^
~Cosmos

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:01 am

Cosmos Studio wrote:^^; ...I dunno what the problem was, but I have a Compaq 5BW220, and when I went on their forum's a lot of other people with this model can't get video cards to work as well, so I gave up. ^^
I'm not familiar with Compaq's, but I suspect they're not that friendly for upgraders (unlike eMachines). That model 5BW220 has integrated video hardware. You probably have to disable it through the BIOS in order to allow an add-in video card to work. That's just a guess, though.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:16 am

And it's a bad guess. :?
Just checked two PCs that have integrated graphics. Neither one had an option to disable graphics. Audio and modem...but not video.
So, that won't help you.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:50 am

Yep, I had that problem with an old Dell. If the onboard video can't be disabled, it may not like another video card added on.

Compaqs aren't really meant for user-alteration. :-P

Return to “Video & Audio Help”