The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards [OVER!]

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards

Post by godix » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Plus 99% of the category nominations have always been jokes. The remaining 1% were serious but so stupid they're almost indistinguishable from jokes. I kinda miss category nominations, that was always sto's time to shine.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards

Post by Kitsuner » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:05 am

Otohiko wrote:
Scintilla wrote:Is it just me, or is there no place to suggest award categories this year?
No, that's right. The category nominations have been skipped this year to streamline things a bit for the administration after all the server troubles.
They cut it out of last year's proceedings as well.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Re: The 2009 Viewers' Choice Awards - Nominations!

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:22 am

In case you haven't noticed, nominations have begun. Local downloads should be 100% back to normal now, too. I've updated the first post of this thread with relevant info.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:57 am

Okay, are there seriously only 246 eligible contestants this year? That's what I'm seeing on the lists for Editor of the Year, Most Helpful, etc., and it strikes me as a tad low...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:08 pm

I could be wrong, but wasn't there an e-mail blast in previous years urging people to come here and make sure their videos were eligible for the VCAs? I don't recall getting anything like that this year, so I wondered if perhaps a lot of people didn't even realize the VCAs were getting underway...

Again, I could be wrong, but I also was surprised by the low number of videos/people eligible. There were even some that I had planned on nominating/voting for...but they're not there!

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:47 pm

Didn't Phade send out an email regarding both the VCAs and the Donation Drive Contest?

Hold up, let me crunch some numbers...

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:56 pm

I have checked my e-mail (with spam bin as well, though I would be surprised if it was there, since I regularly get refused banners notions just fine) and haven't found nothing that would ressemble such thing, neither of them~

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:05 pm

I'm pretty sure they were sent out, I got an e-mail on the 24th about both contests.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:30 pm

That's weird, I asked Phade to send out an email last week, and shortly afterwards, I received one in my inbox. It went like this:
DONATION DRIVE CONTEST

Our first ever Donation Drive Contest has kicked off this week. Is seems that everyone is actually taking this seriously. Donations have definitely spiked! This week is the "Phade will match the largest donation received" week. The hard drives are eagerly awaiting new homes! Please be sure to read the official rules thread:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 14&t=92941

Any other additional weekly incentive promotions will be announced the Saturday before that week's contest. Good luck and have fun!!

VIEWERS CHOICE AWARDS

The annual Viewer's Choice Awards are about to start! If you want to enter, you MUST visit the qualification page before the deadline of this Thursday, February 26.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... lified.php

As always, don't forget to check the "All of my videos have been entered into the catalog" on your "Edit My Profile" page. Get ready to nominate your favorite videos of 2008 starting this weekend! See the forum post for more details on the contest as it continues.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 14&t=92920
I'm gonna send another email when uploads are back...

And here are some numbers regarding the "growth" of this site and the VCAs for the past few years:

("relevant" means the VCAs that correspond with that year's videos. So 2006's videos would be paired with the 2007 VCAs, etc.)

An ongoing trend, in my own opinion. Feel free to examine the numbers and come to your own conclusions.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:12 pm

My Gmail account has eaten e-mails before - even from other Gmail account holders - but as far as I know I've never had a problem receiving e-mails from the .ORG (one would hope not, since it's my .ORG e-mail account!!).

I will ask a few other people who don't regularly frequent this site to see if they got anything. *investigates*

Return to “Site Announcements”