Adobe Premier Pro sound problem

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Hedgehog661
Org Profile

Adobe Premier Pro sound problem

Post by Hedgehog661 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 am

Hi,I'm having a problem with anything I import into premier. The sound doesnt line up with the video after a certain point. If I fast forward to get to a point I want to cut the sound is still back at the beginning.

Do I have to somehow move the sound with the video or am I just messed up?

I'm using Adobe Premier Pro cs4 btw...

Any help would be great!

Hedgehog661
Org Profile

Re: Adobe Premier Pro sound problem

Post by Hedgehog661 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:56 am

it seems like it might be the file type I'm using. The sounds only messed up on like anime files (.avi mainly)

But when importing a movie ripped from a dvd (XDCAM-EX Movie, so it says) sound seems to work just fine...

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:13 am

It's probably a compressed audio problem. Just decompress the audio to something lossless, like .wav.
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Hedgehog661
Org Profile

Post by Hedgehog661 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:44 pm

How do I decompress the sound from the video as a wav instead?

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:52 pm

Well, if you're making the video to music anyway, do you even need the video audio?
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english
Boredom.

Hedgehog661
Org Profile

Post by Hedgehog661 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Yeah... I guess not lol, it was just bugging me.

But I did try exporting the audio from the episode to soundbooth which created a wav version of it then brought that into the file and it worked perfectly, thanks for the idea.

Hedgehog661
Org Profile

Post by Hedgehog661 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:08 pm

One last question though, is there a good program for taking .vob episode rips and converting them to a good format for using in premiere?

LivingFlame
Org Profile

Post by LivingFlame » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Are you on PC or Mac? Premiere is an ambiguous program like that. =\

For PC, you can pull the usual VOB > DGIndex > AviSynth > VDM > lossless .avi files as explained in the AMVapp Beta guide. (It's easier than you probably think it is right now. In the guide, skip down to the "Getting your Video" section.)

On Mac, you can try to transcode the VOB to DV format using FFMpegX. (Someone's gonna come in here and say something about the fact that DV is lossy by nature, and I know that; however, the loss is very negligible and NLEs happen to like DV format. Add to that the fact that Premiere on Mac isn't very fond of Huffyuv and Uncompressed is just ungodly huge, and DV seems to be a fairly logical choice in this case.)
... yea ...

The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer
Org Profile

Post by The Origonal Head Hunter » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:17 pm

LivingFlame wrote: For PC, you can pull the usual VOB > DGIndex > AviSynth > VDM > lossless .avi files as explained in the AMVapp Beta guide.
Actually, if you get the AMVApp, I'd recommend skipping VDM and lossless steps, and just editing with AviSynth directly.
Boredom.

Hedgehog661
Org Profile

Post by Hedgehog661 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Thanks guys im trying this now, just finished running my episodes through DGIndex now I'm gonna put em in AVIsynth, so far all good

Return to “Adobe Software”